Monday, March 22, 2010

back to "normal"

Pam and I were so lucky--we were invited to be a part of Tammy Tadd's very special birthday celebration...in Las Vegas!
Tammy rented a super house and flew out; Pam and I of course drove. Because that's what we do.

What a great time we had! The weather could not have been more perfect--and same goes for the temperature in the pool.

It was wonderful to sew with friends--and for me it was an incredible thing to be in a house without males.



We sewed, relaxed, ate, and sewed some more. Pam enjoys the zen of unsewing and she helped out in that area with a quilt top Tammy was working on. She'll be doing way more extensive blogging about our trip since she IS the pro--so I'm sure she'll show off the darling blocks she was working on as well as explain this interesting project...



We also went shopping--to FIVE different quilt shops! They were pretty awesome shops, too, and it was a pleasure to do our bit to support them.



I'd never seen this rose fabric before and I love it. I also love these patterns--the one little bag is pure genius--the "hinges" are made from a carpenter's tape measure! There were lovely quilt samples at The Christmas Goose shop and several had crochet around the edges and it was so pretty I had to get the pattern.
Several shops had the pincushion/thread catcher made up and Pam kept looking at them so I'm thinking she'll be getting one for her birthday.




I did get a little bit of "work" sewing done, but it was kind of hard to focus. I picked up this little pattern and some Kaffe (can you believe I've NEVER used any of his fabric before?) and made one wallet...



and then had to go shopping the next day for fabric to make some more. Seriously--the pattern is addicting. Made a little wallet for each of the girls except Pam, who has particular fabric requirements. The fabrics for those wallets were chosen to coordinate with the special bag Pam and I made for Tammy. Don't know why I didn't take a photo of it, but you'll see it soon enough since it'll be a pattern. We're waiting for some specific fabric to be available for the pattern cover. Trust me--Pam's done it again.



No trip is complete without a visit to Pam's trunk...aren't Tammy and Sherry the sweetest? Yes, in fact, they are.

So now it's back to WORK, worrying over deadlines, and having far too many guys around me. But I wouldn't trade it all for anything--as long as there's an occasional wonderful week with friends!

13 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Hey those are some good pictures! Those purses were darling. Seriously.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to fear. You are not alone. I too, have never purchased Kaffe's fabric. Oh wait, that means that I am alone. hmmm. Looks like a good time was had by all! Those are some pretty serious layers under that sewing machine. I will certainly be back to investigate further(as I have an uncontrollably snoopy nature.) ;)

11:36 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Girl trips are the best. Happy back to sewing with males in the house and deadlines. I'm going to get some Kaffe myself. I've NEVER bought it before either! scary.

Pat

4:00 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I love road trips to LV. Isn't the Christmas Goose fun! I bought that same little kit in November (wonder where it is..hmm) Hope you went to Quiltique and Fiddlesticks too!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Don't you just love road trips with girlfriends? They are just so much fun. Love those little purses.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

What a fun time - loved seeing it all! LOVE those little purses. And welcome to the Kaffe Crack club!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

I have that little wallet pattern and have been meaning to make it. Yours are darling. Thanks for sharing.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the little wallets! I'll have to get that pattern.

Thanks for sharing about your trip for Tammy's birthday. Sewing birthday parties are the best.

Yes, Tammy and Sherry are the sweetest, right along with you and Pam.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Love those little purses & the fabrics they are made from.

Glad to hear y'all had a rootin' tootin' time!

Happy Easter, too.
Becky
xo

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Wow, your wallets are fantastic! And you're so quick!

I hope Pam has airholes in that trunk. Somebody could get hurt.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

That looks like one fun trip! Love the trunk shot of Tammy and Sherry!
Christmas Goose is my favorite and I just posted about it last week. I bought the same Snap Bag kits for all my friends and love them.
The purses are adorable!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I love all the trips you and Pam take and share. I'd say you lead pretty chic lives. Yes, I often wish to get a break from houses with too many man-people. I don't get those breaks often. I'm thinking about going to stay with my mom in Portland this weekend.

Your pictures really are great.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kritta22 said...

Your blog is sooo cute! I love girls trips too!! So fun!

BTW I'm co-hosting a block swap/exchange. Check out my blog if you are interested. I would love for you to join and find out more about you!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older