Thursday, April 12, 2007

Can I play too?



Everyone's playing tag these days...I'm so happy I get to join in! Couldn't believe it when I found out that Bren tagged me...our local quilt shop
carries lots of her patterns and they're all beautiful. Like I wish I could make them all. I'd also heard how NICE Bren is and that's sure true! Our booths were back to back last fall and it was awesome to get to know her! And of course her blog is wonderful.

So now I get to list my 5 favorites...that would normally be pretty hard, since as we all know, one great blog leads to another click then another and pretty soon HOURS have passed...

These days there's pretty much only one thing I do. Regular readers should be really glad when quilt market is over so you don't have to hear about it anymore...

Since my time is so limited, I really haven't been spending time in blogworld. So this makes my picks super easy 'cause I'll just tell you where I ALWAYS go, even if I only have a couple minutes. Places where I can look at stuff, sigh (or hyperventilate) and go back to sewing.

First of all, yeah, I HAVE to tag Pam. If she can tag me, I certainly can tag her right back. I wouldn't have a blog without her. Didn't know what a blog WAS without her. Wouldn't be able to get my stuff to market without her. She's an even better friend than you've been led to believe. She's absolutely THE BEST. And puts up with a lot from me. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Even tho I'm often given a heads up on what she'll be posting, I still have to see for myself.

Another already-tagged person is Barbara Brandeburg. I own practically every quilt book she ever produced as well as her patterns. I started doing blanket stitching because of Barbara. Bought my first Bernina because of Barbara since man, does it ever take a long time to do that applique by hand! I haven't met her (yet) but have to always check in even if for a moment since she's such a constant in my quilt life. I can't wait to see what new stuff she's got up her very talented sleeve.

Finally, I always check on these 3...Turkeyfeathers
Love Vicki's style, love the photos and love how there are so many beautiful things to see. And gotta love her little quilts...


Vintage-Home,
is a great place for a quick dose of gorgeous English charm. AND ROSES.

Another source for eye candy (and house-envy) would be CherryHillCottage. In fact, that quilt my dove's sitting on? I think it would be perfect in Tina's house.

I can't wait for things to settle down so I can go back to losing myself in blogland...there are so many incredibly talented people out there--and it's such an amazing thing to be able to check in on them all the time. It's also been so special everytime I see that someone's checked in with me! You are all so sweet and I really appreciate that you drop by...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great list and your are so right on with your picks! Totally! YOU are a daily dose for me, at least via bloglines. I always get excited when you have a fresh squeezed post waiting to sipped and enjoyed.

4:59 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Elizabeth... I am so proud of you for the willingness to get-up-and-walk-away-from-the-sewing-machine. . . to list your favorites. . . I know that was hard to do! Isn't getting ready for another market less than 6 months after the last one such a bugger!

Keep hanging in there! I'm sure that all you bring to market will be wonderful & like me - all will be ooo-ing & aaahhh-ing over them all!
xo, Bren

5:50 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh, I love all those blogs too!!! It is hard to narrow it down. And yeah, I'm not that great of friend. I'm bossy, remember.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! I think that quilt would be perfect in my house too! Thnanks for the sweets words and the tag!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. Thank you for the nice words. I'm in that "deadlines are looming" state, so your post made me feel really good!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older