Saturday, August 18, 2007

Big, Quick and Easy ??????


You may remember this project...there it is mocking me from the safety of the ironing board. It was supposed to be an EASY quilt for wonderful big prints. It's positively overflowing with wonderful big prints. And it's cursed.

It originally had 3 borders but the first one just never seemed right. Pam suggested that I remove it. Well, she offered to do the removing for me, so that seemed like the best decision ever. I don't enjoy sewing long borders--removing them is just an invitation for my head to explode.

So naturally ALL of the borders had to come off. Because that's the way life works. So today I decided it was high time to get this baby finished. So I painstakingly measured...double checked my measurements...and started adding borders. When I got to the big print outer border, I noticed that I was getting some really cool swoopy action in the corner! How neat! And why didn't I have that going on last time?



Well, that would be because I stitched both side borders on backwards.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors & fabrics E! Love it : )

12:17 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I know, its always something with some quilts isn't it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Wow, talk about taking a mistake and turning it into something beautiful! So glad you figured out the border thing. It's darling. Way to go!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! :) I've always wondered what to do with those darned big prints and look at how wonderful it looks here...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the quilt!

Yes, some quilts are cursed. I made a baby quilt for my third grandson just like the one I made for his two older brothers. It is little blue bowties with prarie point borders. I had no problem with the first two I made. However, on the third one I kept doing everything wrong! With this particular quilt I had to sew the three layers together, turn it right side out, and then quilt it. Every time I sewed the layers together and turned it, the batting was on the top, and the wrong side of the quilt top was on the bottom. I did this THREE times! I didn't give up, though.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I love these colors! Will you be showing the whole thing? ;-)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your use of the beautiful pink bouquet fabric thanks soooo much... soooo sweet...my best, Jennifer

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older