Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday Sewing



Normally I'm a rather methodical person. Robotic, at times even. Somehow, when it's getting-ready-for-Market time, all that changes and I'm flitting about from project to project as I get stuff figured out.
Pam's busy blanket stitching chickens for me...I don't really feel like fusing crows right now, so it seemed like a great time to figure out something for the box of darling fabric that arrived on my porch a week or so ago.

I met Jackie Clark and her sister Tamara in Salt Lake City at the spring market. They had the most darling booth...with the most darling things...and come to find out, Jackie has her first line of fabric! Which I am the blissfully happy recipient of TWO boxes of. And as you can see, it's beautiful! Well, all I'm showing you are the BOY colors. Because that's all I'm allowing myself to look at right now. Get me going with the pinks and you'll never see me again.
If I were a better photographer you'd really be able to see how sweet it all is...there's a wonderful toile, some neat plaids...just all so perfect.

And yes, that's one of Jackie's patterns. I saw that baby jacket in her booth and decided right then that if I ever came across the pattern purely by accident, it would be a sign that I could buy it. Because I have NO NEED for a baby jacket pattern and certainly do not want to tempt fate. But isn't it the cutest baby jacket in the history of baby jackets? Yes, it is.

So anyway, today is Boy Baby quilt day. I've pretty much got it figured out and it should be so much fun to work on. Not as much fun as Girl Baby quilt day will be, but that's something to look forward to later.

Since you will all want to find some of this fabric for yourselves, it's by Windham Fabrics and the line is called "The Sweetest Gifts". Oh, and just WAIT until you see the pinks!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Oh! I would be the same way. . . I would have to stop & play with these! These prints are so lovely! Soft & cuddly - even just as pieces!
I remember Jackie's booth at market & I agree it was darling! Have fun with all these!
xo, Bren

11:35 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I know its going to be darling!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Ensom said...

Adorable!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

What wonderful fabric! Just darling! You are sure to make something wonderful with it. Can't wait!

9:14 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I can't wait to see the chickens! :) Wowee, I haven't been checking my favorite blogs lately and have missed out on so much fun! Happy late anniversary. 24 years! That is so great, and what great pictures. It's fun to look back at our young selves, huh?

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth! this fabric is soooo adorable. I might really have to see the pinks! Do you happen to know anyone who would send me pictures of them? (hint,hint). I think you need to hook me up with some fabric too! What are friends for!! Thanks for stopping by for a comment by the way.

see you soon!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older