Saturday, December 22, 2007

What a week!!



Could someone please explain just how it is that after my son moved out (taking quite a few of "our" things with him) we seem to have ended up with more crap in our house than we had before? I still haven't plowed through all of it yet. BUT, it's true, Santa is bringing me a room of my own!


Needless to say, that room has required a lot of cleaning...and painting...and so forth.

So yes, it's been quite chaotic here...but that's not why I've been away (and WOW do I miss visiting blogs!)...on Monday afternoon my laptop died. Again. So that meant taking a trip to the Apple store, at the Dreaded Mall, in a major rainstorm. Where the "genius" at the "genius bar" confirmed that it is indeed dead and will be headed off to Memphis for the holidays. So my wonderful dad decides to give me an early Christmas present--a new computer!! Yay!! So I end up going to pick it up later in the day, you know, in the afternoon at a major mall the week before Christmas. So I had to park pretty much out in Siberia--and did I mention the rainstorm?

But hey, it was so festive being one of what seemed like 500 other people at the Apple store...and they had my new computer all ready...in a giant box. With a handle that broke when I was about at the parking lot. Did I mention the rainstorm? Sigh.



Anyhoo, there are still some issues to be worked out, which is probably true with any new computer, but slowly it's learning how to do what I tell it to. If I ask really politely.



I've had lots to blog about but just haven't been able to do it.

So the easiest, and probably best thing for me to do is to share some more pics of our holiday decorations...



and to wish all of you a safe and wonderful Christmas!

11 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Oh E! What is it with Apple laptops these days! I think they must go on their own little Mac -holiday. . . somewhere in the nano-sphere. I'm getting my new iMac. . . but I'm such a wimp about the crowds. . . (can't do 'em). . . & so I'm waiting until about the 28th or so. . . hoping it will be "safe" by then!

Love all your vintage-y decorations . . . the pink little candy cane is precious!

And a big congratulations on getting the room for yourself!!! I'm so happy for you! You deserve it!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
xo, Bren

5:24 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

I've missed you Elizabeth! Hope you are enjoying the Holidays, every thing is looking lovely!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Welcome back! A new lap top AND a room of your own! What more could you ask for Christmas? Congratulations! Your decorations look wonderful too...Merry Christmas!

9:18 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Love all your pretty decorations. And I can't wait to see how your new room and the ex-room look like when done! Now where will my little yellow chair be is my question?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your decorations are so dainty and pretty. Thanks for sharing and enjoy that new computer. Is it still raining??? LOL Just curious.
Merry Christmas

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we moved to a house with over 600 more square feet I thought I would have lots of room. I now have a theory about how "stuff" expands when it is subjected to air and light! I am more crowded than ever but I truly don't believe it could possibly have anything to do with my OCD (obsessive collecting disorder). Who is going to draw names now that Turbo is leaving!?! How sad!! Your decorations are beautiful especially the little scotty dog planter. Not that it's Christmasy, but it is a Scotty..... I hope you have a relaxing and computer stress free remainder of your holiday season.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jan Ely said...

Let us have a moment of thoughtfulness for both our ill laptops! And I just got my big 'puter back yesterday! Your home looks so yummy! Have a Merry Christmas!

7:36 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Loved all your pretty decorations this holiday season Elizabeth. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh my goodness, it's all SO pretty! I love all your glittery things and bottlebrush trees! Beautiful! Merry Christmas! And blessings to you for a bountiful New Year!
~Angela :-)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new computer AND a new room. Lucky girl. Have a wonderful Xmas Miss E.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

Hey Elizabeth...love that bird..you go girl...everything looks so festive and bright. Jennifer

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older