Saturday, January 19, 2008

An apple a day...


How's THIS for a snack? Pam brought this back for me from the farmer's market when she went to visit Frankie. And I have to say, it's an example of truth in advertising--that was one OUTRAGEOUS caramel apple! It was freaking amazing.
And yes, I ate darn close to the whole thing.



Maybe you aren't a big fan of apples...what do you think of these cherries? I think they're darling. This is what arrived in the mail for me the other day--I'd entered a blog drawing figuring I'd never win...and I figured wrong. How sweet is this lapel pin?!



If you would enjoy a pin like this for your very own, just hop on over to Room With a Past; they're now available. Pam and I were up there today--since this is the weekend they're open this month-- and there are always sweet goodies and vintage treasures to be found.

Even if you can't get there, one of the owners, Jan, has a darling blog so you might want to check it out! Jan also did something so sweet...look what she did with Melvin's picture! I didn't think he could be made any cuter...wrong again.

And regarding Melvin, I've been asked if Presley attempts to eat the little guy. That would be a big NO. Presley works extremely hard at completely ignoring Mel...as only a cat can ignore.



And speaking of drawings to enter...stay tuned because there will be a Valentine-themed drawing here next week.

Happy rest-of-the-weekend, everybody!

7 Comments:

Blogger atet said...

Now that is MY kind of apple a day.

8:56 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ahh Mel, so swank in his garb. And that pin is delish!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Caramel apples are (one of many)my weakness. That one looks so good.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those apples have been the bane of my Christmas existence for several years...if you keep your eyes open, you can find them for such an affordable price that they become dangerous!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melvin looks so debonaire. He's truly the Double Oh Seven of the guinea world.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sandra Evertson said...

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie!
Sandra Evertson

12:59 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I'm not usually a big guinea pig fan but I have to admit that Melvin is super cute! Perhaps I will let Max have one if he ever asks.

I love the cherries and the pin-both of them are so cute!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older