Monday, January 14, 2008

Celebration Monday



I had decided that Pam and I should get together today since maybe she'd need some cheering up--it's the first Monday in I don't know how long that she hasn't been working in a quilt shop.
It was a lovely bright and brisk day and it turns out that the mood was celebratory--since Pam now has more time for fun!



We started out in Berkeley, since that's where our closest Anthropologie store is. I'm embarrassed to admit I'd never been--tho I've logged plenty of hours drooling over their website and catalog.
I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket (thanks Uncle John!) and the only thing that kept me from leaving with one of everything was (besides the $$ obvious) is that it's been many years since I was either age 20 or size 3.

But wow. I could not get over the incredibleness of the clothes...the accessories...the shower curtains, even! And please don't get me started on the sweaters. The most freaking amazing sweaters I've ever seen.

Obviously my photos STINK, but here's a bit of what I found--like I'm ever gonna actually USE this dishtowel...



I also found a couple of wonderful metal brackets that will hold up a shelf in my studio. (That's my new favorite word and I use it as often as I can...studio...)

Then we went on to Tail of the Yak, since you can't go to Berkeley without stopping there. When I saw that this tin of glue comes with its own tiny brush...I had to get it.



This is the stuff that smells like almonds...it's Italian and absolutely divine. I have no idea if it's good as a glue, and I don't really care. I'm happy sniffing it.
Yes. Sniffing glue. A new pastime of mine.
I highly recommend it.

On our way back home we had to stop at The Quilter's Inn to congratulate Jane on being named one of the top quilt shops for Quilt Sampler magazine! I decided to treat myself to a couple of pieces of my all-time favorite American Folk and Fabric prints--I'll never get tired of these.



Doesn't it appear as if Pam prefers to be the one taking the pictures?



Got home in time to go to the post office before kid-pickup and I got a parking place close to the door and there were only 2 people in line!

Can't remember a better Monday...hope it's been as great for all of you!

14 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Yeah, I see me in pictures and think yeah, I like taking them better! What am I even thinking based on those expressions?

Had a wonderful day! Yummy salad, sniffed some glue, got some Anthro stuff, its all good. And can you believe Jane kitted my block of the month fabrics!! Woo hoo!

6:19 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

P.s. I think you should note I'm not wearing my denim dress. ITS A MIRACLE.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOL!!!! Pam I did notice that you had on a cute denim skirt with a sweater. ROFLOL!! Very cute for a shopping day. Glad you girls had a great day. How could you not!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jan Ely said...

Sounds like one of those days when you hit all the green lights on the road to happiness! I can't wait -- in a few years I will add the word "studio" to my list of over-spoken words too!

7:03 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a perfectly wonderful day! And what a great friend you are acting so quickly like that. :-)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun you two had - and all that fun and Pam's not even wearing her denim dress!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

That sounds like a great day. I love your fabrics, too!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I always love it when you blog about your fun days with Pam. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

What a fun, fun shopping trip! I meant to comment earlier, then went off on a tangent looking for the American Folk fabrics. In the Beginning used to carry them before they closed their shop and they are lovely. I had to LOL about you sniffing glue!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love anthropologie linens. They are so beautiful. I know I (we) could sew them up and I often make knock-offs but they are just so pretty and irresistable. Its good you took Pam out. She's one of my favorite bloggers and she needs to be kept happy and inspired. Thanks for reporting your day. I am jealous.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Awwww. What a good friend you are! Looks like you two had a wonderful time -- love your little finds. Looking forward to future glue-sniffing posts!

11:46 AM  
Blogger atet said...

What a wonderful day the two of you had. And nope, I would never use that dishtowel either. Use it as inspiration maybe -- actually clean dishes with it? NEVER.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a shopping trip to Berkeley should be in my future, especially since I really don't live that far away! Days with friends are definitely the best!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

What a great outing! I love Anthropologie but have never bought anything from them yet. Yes, the sweaters!

I love seeing pictures of Pam. I don't care what she thinks.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older