Monday, January 07, 2008

A fresh start



I sure hope 2008 is starting out well for all of you...it's been crazy-busy around here.
My room is coming along...I had paint chips tacked up before Eric actually left, so I was ready to dash to Lowe's to pick up the Martha color I'd decided on (French Ivory with Teacup trim!) and cleaning and painting commenced.

I'm positively GIDDY over having a room of my own...I still need to figure out just where to store all my crap and I really REALLY want to be rid of all plastic bins--at least in that room. I can't see a way to live without plastic storage bins, but I feel the need to try.



I have yet to hang any pictures, etc...still many things to figure out. I'll be keeping you posted.

Of course being at this end of the hall, I have a new neighbor, and that would be Nick. He's a rather noisy neighbor at times, but having a new room AND peace and quiet would probably be too big a shock to my system. He visits periodically, and has already managed to spill soda on the carpet. One of his friends was over last night and has declared that my new room "smells happy", so I guess I'm on the right track.



I had a wonderful treat Saturday evening...I was invited to go with Nick and his girlfriend Kari (pictured above playing Rock Band) to the Tech Museum in San Jose to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit which was the most amazing thing I've seen in years...Photography was not allowed, and I imagine some of you are grateful for that fact! But it was an incredible combination of science and art...with a bit of philosophy thrown in. I'll probably go back--if I can snag another family member to go with me. It was also a kick to be back in downtown San Jose...I grew up in that city and my first real job was downtown, and that was back in the days when downtown SJ was not a very nice place to be. It seemed surreal to be walking the same streets I'd walked as an 18 year old now with MY 18 year old...

Anyway...a fresh start always feels so good, doesn't it...it's time to get working on new projects for 2008!

11 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Have fun decorating Elizabeth. Nothing better than a room of your own huh? Love the name of the paint. Leave it to Martha.
Have you seen the wire basket trays that IKEA has? They all stack up and you can slide them in and out. Plus you can see all your fabric. Just an idea for you cause you said you would like to get rid of the plastic bins.
Happy decorating!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

It's great that you have a room of your own now- where have you been doing all of your fabric design work and sewing before? Do you also have an office away from home? It's looking good. Martha does some great colors!

I missed that exhibit when it was here and I'm bummed about it.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

You are going to love your new room! It looks wonderful. Stay away from the body world exhibit... Isn't that the one with the human bodies? I saw a show on TV on how they did it and almost threw up. LOL! Had to turn it off.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, lucky you! I've always wanted to see Body Worlds but it's never been to a city close enough to me. I think it would be really fascinating. Can't wait to see your room materialize!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Welcome to my world. My sewing room is a room in progress as well. Last night I cut out Vintage Christmas and sewed together the 9 patch blocks. I'm so excited. I'm going to hand applique the Christmas balls so I may sew the blocks together in sections to make it easier to applique. I know its crazy to start a Christmas quilt after Christmas but this isn't really using Christmas fabric so it seems ok to do. It is fun when something works up fast like this and is so pretty. Thanks for your work!

2:37 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I'll have to remember to smell your room when I'm there next.

As much as I love science and nature, Body World is just way not for me.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your new space is coming along nicely! Keep us posted!

6:01 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Yay on the new space! I can almost smell it just by looking at it. Very happy. ;-)
I'm with you on ixnaying the plastic bins in the new space...just can't quite figure out what WILL hold all that!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Vicki Bellino said...

There's nothing like a newly reorganized room with fresh paint! Looks like it's going to be beautiful!

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to have your own space? I love it. And, we've been in our house almost 2 years now and I still haven't found places for everything. It's getting better...but still a ways to go.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a scratch n sniff on your post... and yup - it smells happy too! Must be coming from your new room. I love watching your progress, and it already looks so pretty.

My DS has Rock Band too. It's so funny when he's playing with his friends in his room. It sounds like pop corn popping in the microwave when someone plays the drums.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older