Friday, January 11, 2008

Super special treat!



Aren't quilters just the greatest? Of course!

Awhile back I got an email from someone in Iceland who was interested in one of my patterns. On a side note, how cool is that? Iceland!

So I sent it off and to my amazement, she sent something back to me! It's this wonderful book full of darling bags to make. Apparently there are no published Icelandic quilt books--this is Danish--Iceland used to be a Danish colony.

All I know is the book is absolutely lovely and I am thoroughly enjoying looking at the photographs and trying to figure out some of the writing. It was also such a sweet, wonderful gesture and pretty much made my week!

Thank you so much, Halldora!

11 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Darling book. Next to making quilts I love to make bags.

I started my Vintage Christmas Quilt and put the beginnings of it on my blog today.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Just the cover is adorable. I can imagin what it looks like inside. What a nice surprise huh?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow. That's really nice.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Perry said...

I think we could learn something from this lady; lol. I love the "doll" on the front cover of this magazine, and the purses are just yummy looking.

8:03 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh can't waitto look through that book. How nice of her to send it.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

If we ever get to have lunch could you bring the book? It looks so wonderful! What a sweet gift (:

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love quilting and have tons of books but I have not ventured into learning and I so want to... I know that it would be dun to add quilted bags to my list of thing sI make...but please take a gander at my Fat 1/4 swap you might like it or my Button swap...
http://www.flickr.com/groups/384144@N20/discuss/72157603670099235/
http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/9701

10:22 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a nice surprise for you! The cover looks wonderful!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! Looks like a really yummy book too.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

How sweet is that?????? You lucky duck!!!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth! Sorry, I'm a little behind in my blog reading and more than a little behind in posting on my own blog! Where does the time go! Anyway, "lucky duck" is exactly what I was thinking too! I know how you feel, I had a lady send me a quilt book from France once and I love it! Even though I don't understand much of it, it is FABULOUS!! Your room is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it! Talk to you soon!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older