Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Roommates in...



Believe it or not, there's more to the Late Bloomer life than just shopping and sniffing glue...I've got a studio to get ready! Well, and quilts to work on, but we'll discuss that another time...

While I love my new studio I'm just not at all used to being alone in a room. Feels wrong. But luckily it was easy to remedy.

When I moved upstairs, I took Presley's basket with me since he generally spends his days with me. I found a spot under my sewing table and put the basket there. I correctly assumed he might have an issue with my placement. He did. Wouldn't even go near the basket. Instead, he'd go downstairs and sit sulking in the spot where his basket used to be. OK, fine. I moved the basket back downstairs. Nope, no good. He went back to the studio. (Sorry, but I love that word so much I have to make it special even when I type it--so hopefully you'll read the word the right way--studio--in a sort of breathless whisper...)
This time he decided my chair would be his new hangout. Uh, no.

So youngest son Jeff (you remember Jeff--my princess?) took my basket full of crochet stuff off its wooden stand, dumped it on the floor and placed the basket up on it. So Presley can look out the window while he relaxes. An added bonus is he can spray hair on my new white curtains.



Well, that leaves me needing to find a place for my yarn, but at least the cat is happy.


If you've followed my blog at all you know I have an irrational love of guinea pigs. I'm still missing Turbo quite a bit...so middle son Nick suggested I get a pig of my own. Wasn't hard to convince me! So I'm pleased to introduce Melvin.



Isn't he darling? He's so sweet and cuddly...his cage is ugly so you don't get to see a picture of it...yet...I've got plans for adding some fabric to hide the ugly parts. I'll show it off when it's done. Assuming my plans work...

So anyway, it's starting to feel at home up there. A prettier and cleaner version of home, but I'll take it!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute! I was just staring at the screen waiting for Melvin to start talking to me. lol.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jan Ely said...

Melvin is quite dashing! Does he live in your studio (studio, studio, studio, rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That is the best spot for a cat. I love how cats like to hang out with their people, but on THEIR terms.

Studio is a fabulous word huh?

I've been meaning to congratulate you on getting to be on a Martha segment- that is SO COOL!!!

It's probably happening because you have a studio now huh?

6:15 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Now that cracks me up, cat in the window. With him, the two dogs and Melvin they really fill up a room!
Your STUDIO is amazing.. I'm totally envious, even though I have a room its more of a hovel.

6:27 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

giggle, giggle, giggle,. . . & a great big aawwww!

You have now elevated the word studio to a new level! It's so appropriate that your studio (see that sounds eve better!!!) is upstairs, as it is nearer to the 'heavens'. . . yes? ;-)

. . . and that Melvin, well. . . what a cutie! I can see that you have it all set up, & between you & Presley & Melvin - there will be many wonderful conversations to be had in that new 'heavenly' studio!! You won't be alone at all!
xo, Bren

6:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Angelina:
So glad you stopped by...Alex is the one who was on Martha's show...and how freaking exciting is that! Alex is such a pro--I'd be tongue-tied. Or throwing up.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

blogger is acting out tonite!!

I'll just say it again, I love watching you get all comfy and cozy in your new STUDIO! Congrats on the move upstairs!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

How lovely to meet Melvin .... and I'm glad to hear Presley is finally comfortable in your new --- (sigh...) studio----(exhale.....)

ENJOY !!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The cat story is funny. They want what they want! The little pig is darling. We had one for years and it had such a strong personality. If we opened the fridge door (the door had a little squeak to it at the time) the pig would squeel and squeel until someone brought it lettuce or whatever was in the fridge the pig would eat. It was really funny. They are a fun pet. Good luck with him/her.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I love Melvin! He is too cute. He looks like he expects us to read his little mind, "Aren't I just the cutest little thing?"

You are such an inspiration to me. I no longer have a sewing room slash catch-all. I have a STUDIO! (Must be said with a booming voice.) My sophistication factor just jumped up ten fold. Now as long as no one opens the door when it's a mess, my credibility will hold!

Have fun with your STUDIO!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Awww, how sweet! As long as your loved ones are there, that's all that matters, isn't it? Will you be designing a GP quilt soon? LOL!

10:25 AM  
Blogger atet said...

What a lovely studio space -- and so glad to see kitty has a place to relax.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melvin is a total cutie! I'm sure there is a pig sleeping bag in the works?

Glad to see you settling into your new ***STUDIO***! You'll get used to working in your own space by yourself in no time - I lose total track of time in mine which has it's good and bad points... ;)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth!! Nice to meet Melvin. Tell him I said "hello"! Or if I were really "cool" I'd say "holla"! I know Melvin is probably way cooler than I am. Just ask my kids! Your STUDIO is looking FABULOUS!! You see FABULOUS and ABSOLUTELY are my two favorite words! So believe me when I say your new studio looks ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! And Presley looks like my kinda cat. He knows exactly what he wants, and doesn't let anyone tell him differently!

see ya soon in Portland!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Presley try to eat Melvin ???

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Presley has been secretly e-mailing my cats... they are the exact same way - right down to the spot on my worktable, by the window, getting hair all over my curtains.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Melvin is as cute as he can be!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older