Monday, June 15, 2009

feverishly working



It's been fun starting work on the Sisboom Room...I'm really enjoying playing with all those different bright prints. I'm also slowly gathering other items to go into the room and can't wait to really get started. It's bittersweet, of course, because it's going to be mighty strange to not have Nick around all the time.

Finally got my sweater finished, too! I was really uneasy about it for awhile...it looked like a funky rectangle for the longest time. It was almost too easy to make (altho please don't look too closely--the stitches are wonky in several places) and crossed the line from "relaxing" to "tedious" on several occasions so I think the next sweater will have a bit more going on.


So last week I just wasn't feeling quite right...it's been a bad allergy year and I was hoping my doctor could recommend a better allergy medication. To my amazement I was told that I was running a fever and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and both ears were infected as well. So now I'm on antibiotics and am trying to take it a bit easier.



I did get a special treat from my husband--he'd been out pruning in the backyard and discovered this abandoned nest in the jungle along the back fence. He knew I'd love it and I certainly do! It's now in my vintage birdcage on my front porch. Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Mourning Dove can get some tips from it--they're back on their nest again since their first set of babies took off. If you aren't familiar with these birds, the nest pretty much consists of 2 sticks and the flower pot--which is better than a few I've seen, since some of these birds wouldn't bother with the addition of the flower pot!



Hope this is the start of a great week for everyone--and be sure to allow yourself time to take it easy as well!

8 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Hi Elizabeth!
I think the sweater/shrug is so pretty! (& Im in awe of the fact that you knit too!) . . as for the nest. . . what a find !! & high-fives to hubby for saving it for you! (it's even clean inside!. . . the ones around here. . . not so much.)
You take care. . . !!!
xo, Bren

2:48 PM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Beautiful sweater! I bet it looks great on you too.

Laurie

3:14 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

The sweater is so you! I'm impressed that you made it after learning so recently to knit. My mom tried to teach me to knit. She knits left handed and I'm a righty and, well, it just was an ugly experience. Let's just say that I don't knit and I'm sticking to quilting!

Jean

3:22 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I love how the quilt is turning out, so much prettier in this photo compared to the phone photo I saw earlier. Very cheery. Now I might need to make one as well. We'll see though, all those triangles..

Anyway love the sweater and the nest. Glad you're room stuff is coming along. And you better be getting some rest darnit.

3:26 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Can you by any chance tell us what pattern the sweater is? It's darling! Love the quilt, too.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

You knit too! Wow! The sweater is gorgeous! Love the quilt as well!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hope you feel better soon-- summer colds are the worst!!! Love the nest... Husbands-- just when you think you figured them out... they do something special! He's a keeper...

5:13 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Don't you love Ikea? My husband cringes when I even mention the word (he knows a truck trip is upcoming)! Do love that little quilt...I'm really trying to overcome my triaphobia (is that really a word?)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older