Monday, June 08, 2009

we have a winner!



I didn't have the heart to ask this guy to help since there were just too many entries this time.

I know lots of people use random number generators, but that would be one more thing I'd have to figure out so I came up with my own version.

I sent a text message to each of my 3 sons, asking them to give me a number between 1 and 173. I figured I would then take those numbers and calculate the average and that would be ever so random.

Here's how it worked out:

Jeff responded with "0", either because he'd rather be funny than helpful or to demonstrate just how badly we Scotts are with math.

Nick did not respond at all because his phone is dead, which sadly, is typical for him.

So Eric ended up picking the winner--even tho he of all people shouldn't have responded since he's supposed to be working.

Congratulations to Barbara York! Please send your address to me at latebloomerquilts@yahoo.com and I'll get your goodies out to you right away!

9 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ha! That's funny. And what a great picture of Mr. Mel.

9:56 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Melvin is stylin'!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Yahhyy for Barbara. That is such a cute picture of your piggie. I'm going to teach my sisters applique at our family reunion next month and I'm going to have them applique those pears on dish towels. I'll use flour sack towels and embellish the bottom with rick rack and trim and then I'll teach them to applique and put the pears on them. Every year I try to teach something to my sisters and nieces. So I'm so glad you gave us that free idea. When I'm done teaching them I'll take pictures and post it. I'm not leaving for a month but I want to get it ready to go so I don't have to worry about it in the hectic rush to get food precooked and get everyone packed and things ready. So thanks again for this idea. The pears will be really easy to teach since the shape has no corners and inside edges.

thanks Elizabeth

12:43 PM  
Blogger Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

Congratulations to the winner!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Congrats to the winner...and I loved your unique random number generator!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Love your drawing method.

I'm surprised Melvin's not in therapy. I'm sure he has issues as a result of being dressed like that. (He really is cute!)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Bloom said...

How funny! A much more inventive way of drawing than the random number generator! Congratulations to Barbara & thanks so much for a great giveaway.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I love Melvin. He's too cute!!!

Congratulations to Barbara.

I gave away (15) 6 1/2" squares of 1930's reproduction fabrics along with your Butterfly Love quilt pattern. I finished my quilt, and I posted about it on my blog with my Sewn giveaway. It turned out so pretty. Thanks for designing such a beautiful pattern. I now have 29 ladies that bought the pattern and signed up for the class.

8:54 PM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Sorry I aint been around, otherwise engaged :) but Im sorta back now....

and your guinea pig has put a smile on me face this morning :)

x

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older