Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Inspiration!





If you want to find bright colors at my house, you really have to head out to the back yard. While I love the brights, I seem to gravitate toward the softer colors and my home reflects that.

So I got to thinking about Nick's room...and how it would be fun to do some sewing for it this summer so I can be ready to decorate when he's ready to move out.
Anyway, I was doing lots of fabric thinking and have decided to do a Sisboom Room! I am totally excited about this--it'll be lots of fun and of course it requires that I go out and purchase things. Like fabric even!

I have a few bits of Sisboom left over from this project...but need to add lots more.
I'd never ordered from Fabritopia before and I have to say I really recommend it! The fabric arrived super quick--and when they didn't have enough of the embroidered trim to fill my order, they tossed in some of these cool lace pieces which is actually a lot more fun than the full order of the one piece would have been.

I've decided to remake this pattern



--even tho I already made it twice for the pattern cover--it's so easy and I thought it would lend itself to this new idea.

So here's the new Sisboom pieces that just arrived--including a few from Jennifer's brand new line! The dot is from Tanya's French Hat Box line and will be perfect for the sashing.


I wanted to use black for the pinwheels so went to my stash...where I found no suitable black. Luckily Pam was up for a trip to Danville...where of course I found the black I wanted, as well as this cool pattern!


I can think of several color schemes that would be awesome for this tuffet--but I'll start with one for the Sisboom Room since it'll be least likely to have actual human feet on it.

Oh and by the way...The Quilter's Inn is having a class to make the tuffet so if you're in the SF bay area, you might just want to go do that.

Now that I've blogged about all this, I'll have to actually accomplish (some of) it! So I'll keep you posted.

Oh and if you haven't yet signed up for my giveaway, well scroll down a bit and leave a comment--there are still a few days left!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

That tuffet thing is cool! I don't live in the SF area, however. Does the pattern say who makes it or is it the store's design?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

So much goodness, Elizabeth! And yes, Jona is wonderful to order from - you never know just what she'll tuck inside your package!
Cheers!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I just made my first order from Jona today...had to have some of that new Jennifer Paganelli fabric!

6:28 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I've ordered from Jona and know how cool she is!!! And fast. I love your pile and can't wait to see how this all turns out. I love that pattern.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

That tuffett is cute. I just got some of the new Sis Boom fabric - cheater cloth hexagons. Swoon. It is delicious. I realy love Jennifer's fabric. Your creation will be lovely. Can't wait to see what you do.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

My sewing room is yellow and I have pink Sis Boom fabric for the curtains. I bought and entire bolt of a large floral Sis Boom (on sale) that I haven't figured out what to with, yet, but I do know that I want an ironing board cover (one of Jona's tutorials) made from it.

I have never ordered from Jona, but I love her blog and her, too.
The tuffet is adorable. I can't wait to see yours.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous joanna said...

Want to see the tuffet made out of Fig Tree next, thank you very much! In fact, want to see a Fig Tree room next. Go ahead do it.... like Pam said, and I'll just wait!!

Here's to Peonies and Laundry doo hicky things!

joanna

11:54 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

A Sisboom Room! I love it! I hope you take gobs of before, current and after pics. Tons of pics. Oh how fun, I'd love to do a Sisboom Room! And bonus... so fun to say Sisboom Room.

I ditto recommending Fabriopia. Jona is just the greatest!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

I am the luckiest woman alive..I can't wait to see...xoxoxox Jennifer

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

that tuffet is going to be adorable!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous karin said...

Those colours, they are beautiful. In your garden AND in the fabrics. Can't wait to see it when you're finished!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older