Thursday, June 18, 2009

out and about

I've had a couple of great trips with Pam that I just have to share. Pam had gotten an email from Becky that she'd put some new goodies in her space at Remember When, and so what else could we do but leap into my car and head on out there?

By this time Pam and I could find Becky's stuff blindfolded...and we've both vowed to recreate her home in ours piece by beautiful piece! I found the perfect lamp for my Sisboom Room, among other things. I'll share everything at some point, but it gets a little embarrassing to lay it all out at once. Becky had a darling shade with the lamp, but I think they'll need to be separated.



We were lucky enough to run into Becky while we were there (figuratively speaking, of course. I feel the need to point that out since I was the one driving, after all...)

She told us that we must go to the Green Pea over in Escalon on our way home. It would have been rude to do anything else, right?



These pics were taken the following day since I had to have my husband come back with me--I needed his little truck.

The Green Pea is in an amazing building--it's a pleasure to just stroll thru it.









What's this? How perfect a little table is this! And yes, it's SOLD, but that's OK, because it was sold to me!
My husband did ask if I was going to repaint that pink drawer. Silly man!

Sandi the owner has an amazing collection of crochet and it's everywhere.



Unfortunately not for sale, but inspiring nonetheless. I found a few other goodies there as well which I'll show off some one of these days.



Here's Sandi giving another customer her undivided attention while at the same time attempting to find a place to put all the things I keep handing her!

So that was our trip inland, and yesterday Pam and I headed out toward the Bay. I'd seen this frame on a blog (can't remember where) and I knew I had to get one--I have plans, you see.



I was surprised to learn that the frame is from IKEA--not what I picture when I think of that place. I checked their website and supposedly our closest store had 10. Pam knows me so well--she knew that I was busy imagining other ladies wanting their own and the countdown going 9,8,7,6...so she told me to meet her at Starbucks and we'd head on over there.

Here's a confession: I'd never been to an IKEA before!
I'm still reeling!
I'd always pictured the sleek, modern stuff and had no idea how many things they make that I'd love to bring into my home!

I bought a few things for Nick to take with him when he moves but also found a few things for myself.



I love love love this pillow...and what looks like giant boxer shorts? That's the new bedskirt for the Sisboom Room. It may get some embellishment, but hey, I can't make one for $14.99!!
And how about that fleece throw? How cute are those scallops! I figure I'll slap some applique on that--and it was only $3.99!!
I could not believe all the stuff and the prices. Pam could have just recorded herself saying "YES, I KNOW", it would have been easier for her.

So now it's back to sewing and painting and planning and oh yeah, resting...that is what the doctor said to do.

13 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

What fun finds!. . . & I know what you mean about IKEA - I put off going in there . .. but once you do - watch out! (cracking up over Pam could have recorded herself!).
As for me. . . I'd say your outing were the BEST medicine! What fun!!! :o)
xo, Bren

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Ikea addicts! :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Oh yes, the first time at an IKEA. Smelling salts should be suggested for novices.

Laurie

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I've still never been to Ikea...but hopefully this summer! The closest one is in southern Cal...or northern Utah!

10:59 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Fun days out for sure. Now if only we could remember where we saw those stinken gnomes.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

What fun places you visit! I've never been to Ikea, either. Sounds like a magical place.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that bed in the first photo. OMG I would have so taken that adorable thing home with me. I have the perfect spot for it.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hello.....to one of my loyal shoppers! tee hee! It was an absolute PLEASURE to get to chat with you and Miss Pam!!! How lucky was I to have ran into the two of you! Thank you!!!!!....too, for buying tons of things!!

Hey!!! I made my first trip to Ikea just yesterday with some friends and one of them bought that same black frame that you have shown. I also saw that same adorable bed skirt (I have tall beds but wanted it nonetheless....sad face....)

Do share all of your amazing finds with us girls soon!!! I cannot wait to see what you did with the chair that you are going to cover in Sis Boom!

Isn't The Green Pea the best?!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sandi's shop. There is something magical there....you feel it as soon as you step foot into the door.


xoxo
Becky

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

What a wonderful store filled with cool things!! The name is what cracks me up. My car is called "green pea" so I just had to laugh at it! Cool finds though :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

The Green Pea and Remember When, 2 places on the top of my list to visit! How fabulous they look. So many treasures to be found. Thanks you for sharing.. I love reading about your adventures with Pam Kitty Morning. You two are a hoot!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The older I get the more I love old stuff. Probably a good thing because that is what I'm turning into - old stuff. My kids love to tell me that. But shops like this are so fun to visit. Love that quilt on the bed too. I don't know why I don't use black more in quilts. I really like it.

2:05 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

IKEA virgin in the front row... IKEA virgin in the front row! If I had toast, I'd throw it at you right now. * Seriously? That was your first time to the Swedish House of Worship??? I hope you will allow me to officially say... Välkommen and Siminsti! Ok, Siminsti is actually my word verification... but it looks like a word one would find on an IKEA item.

*Ok, so maybe I'm the only one who's scared from the the first time I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I bought that frame painted it pink and attempted to make it into a mirror. I think if I were to do it again I would just use some kind of silver leafing instead of the looking glass spray paint...

IKEA does have some real gems in there though, you just have to envision it all in a less "modern" environment.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older