Tuesday, September 22, 2009

another sneak peek



If you follow the daily blog on The Quilt Show, you already enjoyed Alex's tour of P&B Textiles and got a peek of her latest fabric line, "Elizabeth Anne". This line will debut at Quilt Market next month and will be available at your local quilt shop sometime after that.

Alex is, of course, VERY busy and asked if it would be ok if she had P&B send her sample yardage to me so that I could make a quilt for their booth. Who would be crazy enough to say "NO" to that? Time to regroup and get ready to add another project to my list.

I've made quilts for this purpose for Alex in the past and it's a little different than the process I usually use for designing. A booth quilt really needs to show off the new fabrics--preferably all of the fabrics in a colorway.



"Elizabeth Anne" (weird to type since that's ever so close to my name!) is a beautiful, soft collection of very painterly prints. The large scale floral is amazing. It would be easy to use these fabrics to decorate an entire bedroom...



Anyway, here's a peek of what I came up with--super simple blocks with a little detail on the border. Can't wait to see it finished and then in the P&B booth!

6 Comments:

Blogger Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

Beautiful, I just love the pastels. Can't wait to see you whole quilt, the teaser pic is lovely.

12:41 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Its always fun to work with fabrics that are out of your usual comfort zone. And even more fun to work on something for our friend Alex!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Well with the name Elizabeth you couldn't say no. You'll be happy you did. My friend Nedra will be working in the Alex booth for Superior Threads. She gets to meet all you ladies next month. =jealous nanette

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will be anxious to see this in the booth. Your designs are always beautiful and her fabric is really gorgeous.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

sounds like fun.. i look forward to seeing it!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I love the way the flowers are peeking over onto the solid.

When will you and Pam be picking me up? You ARE swinging by Atascadero to get me, right?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older