Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a holding pattern



Twice a year, when I get home from Quilt Market, I do a major cleaning of my studio. It's a well-loved tradition--it's necessary after all the crazy, last minute project messes and it's good to have a fresh start for the next round of designing.

This Spring, for the first time in years, I'm missing Market. The timing just wasn't right for a variety of reasons. It's gonna be so hard to miss out on seeing some of my favorite people, but I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

So that means the tradition has to change a bit. While everyone else was finishing their last minute projects, I was painting my bathroom. While everyone else is getting ready to leave for Minneapolis, I'm getting ready to do a top-to-bottom clean up of the studio.

So today, everything came down. And I do mean everything. Shelves are bare...



All the little tidbits are off the bulletin board...



Lots of reorganizing to be done.



I'm ready for a bright, fresh new look. So knock on my door...I can't wait to show you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sewn With Grace said...

Ohhh, can't wait to see what loveliness lies behind that door!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

When you are done painting your sewing room come do mine! It needs it so bad and I am such a bad painter. I'll cook for you!!! I did do a cleaning on my sewing room a while back. Tried to get rid of some of the clutter. I still need to do more but it feels great when you do it.

Is that a vintage door knocker? Darling!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Can't wait to see the redecorating...sorry that you aren't going to market...it's always fun to read your posts!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

Knock...Knock...Knock! Is anyone home????....I come knocking w/ cookies for you! :0)

You will be missed but Houston will be right around the corner!

10:03 AM  
Blogger tina said...

Knocking------- I can't wait to see it! No doubt you will inspire me (yet again!!!). With my move coming up in July I will get a chance to re-invent my space (after reclaiming it) and I'm all about the peeping!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I know how you feel...I'm sitting the big dance in MN too. It is hard reading all the blogs about people packing to leave. Oh well I'll be in Houston.Hope to see and meet you there.

Pat

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Oh my goodness, you are making me want to go lie down! Whew, the work!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Miss Sherry said...

Ooo girl, I cannot wait to see the end results. Can't believe they are still having market without us!!! Who's going to watch Pam????

2:42 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a job! One I'll bet we could ALL stand doing. It's just weird to think of Pam at market without you!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love that feeling of a fresh start in a clean room. It is inspiring and it gets things going in the head and spirit. I'll miss the antics of you and Pam this time.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I can't wait to see!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older