Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ooops...



It's always fun to pick up a magazine that you know has one of your projects in it. Something about the glossy paper and the professional photography...it's a thrill.
So I was really looking forward to seeing the summer issue of Fons & Porter's "Easy Quilts".

Last Market I'd made a quilt for Alex using her brand new fabric...it was VERY last minute, as Market projects tend to be, and in this case many things seemed to go wrong. Including finding out that the hotel I'd shipped the quilt to had put it in a storage closet "for safekeeping". So the quilt (and the name I'd given it completely escapes me) barely made it to Market at all.

I thought things were looking up for this quilt when I was told it would be published. Excitement turned to nausea when I saw that a key piece of information was somehow left out...



Darla Padilla, of Wildflower Quilting, is one of two quilters who I totally trust to make magic with my projects. She'd dropped everything to get this done in time and did an amazing job. Believe me--it's the quilting that turned this simple project into something special!





P.S. That bit of quilt behind the magazine? That was quilted by Darla as well. It's a version of Zig Zag, Too! I made for the Lecien booth using their new Flower Sugar collection.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Quilt Shoppe said...

Elizabeth,
Your quilts always turn out beautiful! This one is no exception.
And, I'm with you, Darla did an amazing job on this one. I use her exclusively for all my quilts :)

Lani

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! How fun to open up the magazine and see it there!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Yikes, Elizabeth! Are they going to issue a correction? Darling quilt!

7:55 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Darla does a great job!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Very sweet quilt. It's always sad when credit it not given for work completed. You did the right thing by posting it here on your blog. Way to go.

Oh, Zig Zag, Too is darling - I remember a couple of years ago I resized everything on your original Zig Zag pattern so I could use a Jelly Roll. LOL I'm glad you did all the hard work for others. I probably should order the pattern sometime soon. :-)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wonderful quilt...so good of you to set the record straight even though it wasn't your faul. What a good friend. Now off to order some of the new patterns!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Oh rats, sorry they got it wrong! Beautiful quilt, though, and I know Darla wouldn't think it was YOU who neglected to give her credit (especially since you are racing to correct it here!).

2:30 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

I wholeheartedly agree that a good quilting job is what makes a quilt SING. I think machine quilters are often our unsung heroes, but at least they know WE love them. :-) Congrats on being published again!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older