Wednesday, July 14, 2010

what's going on



So what have I been doing besides waiting by the door for Red Rose Farm?

I've gotten some sewing done...Joanna's palette works very well in my living room and I decided to just dive in and get some Figgy stuff going.



This is a version of this pattern that I've been working on for a long time. Seems queen sized quilts are just not my thing. But it's turning out sooo pretty and I've done all the math...so some one of these days (when it's cooler) I'll force myself to just get the top DONE. After all--I just painted my bedroom with this quilt in mind.



Got this book in the mail the other day. I love Kay's patterns and this book is amazing. Seriously. Can't decide which garment to make first. Well, that's not true. I love these designs so much I think I will follow Kay's directions and make a muslin first because I know I'm gonna want to use these patterns again and again!



Sorry, but I can't just ignore Red Rose Farm...I've got a delicious pile of Cosmo floss ready to go. And as I'm sure you've heard, once you've tried Cosmo, you will not want to go back to that other brand.



And look at these handles! Got them at Prairie Queens in San Jose.

Finally, and this isn't news if you've already clicked my link above, I have a NEW website! It's super cool and so much more useful than my old one. Gone are the days of having to mail in your order. It's awesome so keep checking back--and get on the mailing list. I've now got the ability to put kits, fabric, and other goodies on there for you.

Oh and P.S. Thanks to Pam for loading my new blog banner and getting my blog all updated and pretty. She's the BEST. But you knew that already.

11 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh look at all those goodies! Those handles are great. How long are they? Are they the short ones? Anyway, everything looks good. Which pattern is that blue and brown, I don't remember.

I'm not the best. But I am probably the best you've got. FOR NOW.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to buy your fabric....hurry! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

11:55 AM  
Blogger trish said...

Oh I just love those handles! So jealous of your where abouts! I am from there and sure miss home. :o)
I just wanted to extend a little invitation to a new page on my blog titled "bartering". I would love to have you drop by. :o)
Hoping you are having a great week.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

The new website is beautiful! Can't wait to see the fabric in person! Congratulations!!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am trying to remember what the block name is in the first picture. Oh well. It reminds me of an ice-cream cone but I think it has to do with flowers. Well done regardless.

4:10 PM  
Blogger suz said...

Love your new site and I'm on your mailing list!

10:49 AM  
Blogger suz said...

Love your new site and I'm on your mailing list!

10:49 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Do you know the way to San Jose...sing it with me!

Those handle are just stinkin dang cute!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Kristie Long said...

Elizabeth,
I just found your site and your new fabric line. I'm so excited! It's beautiful and just what we like to carry in our online store! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!
Kristie Long

5:52 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

Do I detect a new header on this blog? Am so excited for your new fabric to arrive!

9:37 PM  
Blogger mo said...

I hope it gets there soon! It is so pretty- you will have so much fun sewing with it!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older