Monday, May 24, 2010

believe it or not, a Quilt Market post!



How can I do this since I wasn't there? Well, Pam asked me to "guest blog" since she's now traveling incognito in Minnesota with her cousin enjoying the sights, shopping, trees, water, and all the other wonderful things I've been told that area has to offer. So she's forwarded some pics to me that she figured I could speak about.

Here goes!

We're at the Lecien booth. Which is a pretty cool place to be.

Brenda's second line of fabric is absolutely beautiful. I've always been a big fan of the Durham collections, and now that Brenda's adding her touch to it, it's especially pretty. I had some 1/4 yard cuts and some amazing Lecien eyelet edged cotton and made some ruffled scarves. I believe kits were given away at their schoolhouse.



The bags you can see on the table are so pretty...but I'm afraid I don't know who made them.



It's so exciting when a good friend has their own fabric and I understand there was a huge buzz about Monica's "Holiday Happy". It's one of the most fun Christmas lines ever! Pam and I both got to make some goodies using the fabric. It coordinates awesomely with Lecien's Color Basic collection so fabric choices are no problem.



Monica's quilt, "Glow Happy" could not be cuter! And yes, that's the free pattern. (btw, you'll also find the freebie that I designed that goes with the pillow sham pattern on my sidebar).

You can see bits of Karen Snyder's darling "HMS Twinkle" quilt hanging in the corner next to Monica's quilt, and "Holiday Joy" with the sweet embroidery is by Plumcute Designs.



Pam surprised Monica with a custom version of the "Tammy Tote" she designed. There's no link to the pattern yet...we still have to write up the instructions and pick the fabric to be used for the pattern cover. Pam used her signature ruffles on the bag we gave Tammy Tadd for her birthday, and on Monica's she used fun fuzzy santa beard fabric and those wonderful red polka dot handles.

I made a "Celebration Banner", a "Little Purse" and then flew by the seat of my pants decorating a child-sized pair of jeans and a hoodie from Old Navy. Here it is in the booth, and here it is finished on my design wall before I sent it away. Those little cherry buttons came from Joann's ages ago and I was so happy to finally find a good use for them.





Pam and I are huge fans of the "Flower Sugar" collections and this new group is no exception.

You'll spot Pam's new "Sugar Stars" pattern which based on the orders coming into my mailbox, is going to be a popular design.



I made a version of "Zig Zag, Too!" and am really looking forward to having that quilt come back to my house. Flower Sugar works well for Pam's "Flower Power" pattern, and I had fun adding the "Flower Sugar" logo to the towel.



There are some darling bags on display but even at super-zoom I can't read the tags, sorry!

I hope Pam approves of the job I did...and I know she's having a great time on her well-deserved vacation. I'm glad of the opportunity to do this post for her--that will be my excuse for why my studio is still in disarray!

16 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

You did a GREAT job !!!! (I'm mopping up the slobber from my computer keyboard right now caused by excessive drooling over all of those pictures of such fun stuff!)

P.S. you are excused from any sewing room mess you didn't yet clean up

6:42 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I've got to blow up these pics and inspect inch by inch. I love the fabric and designs. You gals have done it again! The bag with the white fur around it caught my eye right away and the quilts are all scrumptious. I love what you did to embellish simple Old Navy clothes for kids. What a nifty idea. It is all good Elizabeth and Pam. All of it. Lecien does it again. I'm hot for all the fabric. I think Monica must have been the hit of the market despite being sick. And I'm sure you were really missed.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Love everything....can't wait to see Monica's fabric in person! Oh, and looking forward to seeing your sewing room too!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Robyn - Coffee and Cotton said...

Great job! Thank you so much for sharing all the yummy fabric luv! Quilts and bags are lovely and your jeans and hoodie are soooo cute!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good job! I cannot wait to make Glow Happy. That has to be the most fun quilt ever.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Nice post! Love all the pictures from market. LOVE Monica's fabric. Good luck on that sewing romm thing. Why does everything seem to multiply when we are sleeping? I swear that's what happens at my house!

9:34 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

OH its all so fabulous. The zigzag II is a wonderful display of the fabrics. LOVE that quilt. I want to have a happy cupcake party right on top of it. :-)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

i so missed being there...seeing the photos help, kinda.

Pat

2:16 PM  
Blogger Material Girls said...

Oh, I love that fabric!! can't wait to get mine in the shop!!
Nadine

9:53 PM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

Knock...Knock! It's me again and I come with cookies and fabric from Quilt Market :0)

I really missed meeting you but I am already counting down the days until HOUSTON so that I can give you that hug in person.

Everything at the Lecien both was so YUMMY-LI-COUS! You guys did a great job and I think that Pam would be proud of your post.

Now...let's eat the cookies before Monica and Pam find out about them!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

oh my NERVES at all the cute quiltie goodness! love, love, love it all!! xo

8:01 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Where do I start! I'll start at the end of market on Sunday... my first real day of market where I could walk it and see all the booths (or at least try to see all the booths). So this is how my Sunday went every time I visited a booth:

Hi M... where's E?
Hi M... how come E's not here?
Hi M... where's E?
Hi M... we sure do miss E not being at market.
Hi M... where's E?
Hi M... I hope E is going to be at Houston.
Hi M... where's E?

Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Elizabeth!

And EVERYONE told me how they were dying over the cute stuff you made (thank you for making me look so dang good!). Ooohs and ahhs... which of course I myself did too!!!

So please. Don't ever miss a market again.
Yours truly,
Jan Brady.

12:44 PM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

sounds and looks just brill :)

x

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kona Bay Fabrics Blog said...

Aloha-

Thanks for blogging about the Quilt Market activities!

As a vendor at Quilt Market, I do not always get out and look at all the beautiful booths so thanks for sharing!!

That's pretty cool you let your readers know what went on!!


Douglas Eagleson
President, Kona Bay Fabrics

http://www.konabay.com

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Lynne Jacob said...

I absolutely LOVE the ruffled scarves you made from Bren Riddle's Lecien line. Can I purchase this scarf from you or do you have the kit available for this scarf? Thank you so much, Lynne
lynne@jacobhomes.com

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Tammy said...

Hey Elizabeth!!! I'm so excited that you have introduced my bag! Now I can show pictures of my birthday present!!! You guys are so sweet. It's been really hard keeping it to myself and not showing it to everyone. I LOVE IT! almost as much as I love you girls. Miss you.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older