Monday, July 26, 2010

need a little project?




How about a darling belt? One of the great things about Twitter is how quickly and easily you find people who also love to make stuff. And who enjoy posting tutorials. That's how I found Mauby's...and her instructions to make this belt.

Seriously. Took me way longer to pick out the squares than it did to make the actual belt.

I used my pieces of Lecien's "Spaicy Scrap" collection for my first belt. There will be more.

That's Miss Dummy modeling my favorite tshirt. It's pretty boring but so comfortable. Looks better with some accessories.



Yeah, I know...tacky of me to post a pic of my backside, but I really love the way that fabric cut up.

I know you were expecting Red Rose Farm news, and I can't disappoint. I got my sample yardage on Friday!! You probably heard me screaming. I've already pieced the top for the free pattern that will be available thru P&B Textiles, but so far can't bring myself to chop off the big pieces necessary for the backing.

Something else happened that was awfully exciting...seeing my fabric online! If you're interested in being notified as soon as Red Rose Farm is available, Fat Quarter Shop will let you know over here. And you know how great their customer service is.

More soon!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Miss Sherry said...

WOO HOO TIMES TWO SO HAPPY FOR YOU FRIEND

5:59 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

CUTE belt and CUTE butt!!!
...and how exciting about your fabric finally arriving on your doorstep!

...and your screams of excitement could have been drowned out by mine because I actually have some big news (for me anyway ) .... a little Halloween themed wall hanging that I designed was selected and is in the Sept/Oct Quiltmaker magazine !!! It's called "Practical Magic" and I'm practically nuts with excitement !!! If you get the chance .... I have a little thing on my blog about it and it's also on the magazine's website !

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mauby said...

I Love it! :) Thanks so much for using my tutorial and blogging about it!!!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous randi said...

super cute belt! love the fabric choices!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Hi again Elizabeth .... just wanted to come back and say thanks for the blog visit and your nice comment! :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

very cute!!!

it is ok to show us your skinny bum! what is your secret? :)

xo
becky

8:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

belt looks great elizabeth, and so does your fat quarter pack on FQS!!
congratulations!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older