Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Buying some springtime

It had looked very spring-like for a few days. My beloved flowering trees (that I'm terribly allergic to) have been busy and should be blooming soon.
Nevertheless, it got quite gray yesterday and will be drizzly/rainy for days to come. Lucky for me, PamKittyMorning offered the perfect antidote to the gloomy skies...

A trip to HomeGoods, of course!!

There is something so magical about that store. There are many discount stores in the world, but HomeGoods is in a class by itself. I truly believe there is something for everyone there if you take the time to look for it.
Maybe you like dishes that appear to have been inspired by nuclear waste--pick a whole set! With coordinating glassware! There are decorative items to be had that I can't begin to understand, let alone describe. Cheerful stuffed animals that are look so happy and are clearly not bothered by their rather obvious glandular disorders. You just have to wonder how some of these treasures weren't scooped up right away.

All snarkiness aside, there's GREAT STUFF in that store, too. Pam found a darling wooden (fill in the blank) that will look so cute in her yard. I'm sure she'll share pics soon. While wandering around who did we run into but Sandy who showed us all the pretty and delicate goodies she'd discovered.

As for me, a bit of springtime...I'm a sucker for things with lettering on them, and the combo of lettering and ROSES on this wooden tote made me grab it right up. I love my blue scalloped pot--so vintage looking. I also love nests. How could I resist a set of THREE little nests with charming PINK eggs? I even picked up a little glass jar with silk roses and that fake water stuff. I don't even LIKE silk flowers, but HomeGoods just sucks me in with all that discounted goodness.
I'm feeling renergized and ready to get the sewing machine humming again!

4 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I see Presely in the background ready to pounce.

Anyway it was fun. That weird giraffe that was completely round.. well it was strange. Like why would you make a stuffed version of an animal with a really long neck and then make it with no neck. More like a big head with little giraffe horns on it. Whatever. Its just one in a long list of things I don't understand. But still. LOVE HOMEGOODS.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm insanely jealous of your pink eggs in the nest AND a day of fun with PKM.

Why can't I have a Homegoods in Oregon? Why can't you guys live up here?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your H G finds as much as mine. And is theat pretty posy quilt in the background one of your designs? I don't remember that one but oh so cute!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I wish I could claim that quilt as my design...it's a Black Mountain Quilts pattern that I made quite a few years ago. And has been washed MANY times...thanks, Presley!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older