Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'll keep my day job




What an amazing and creative day! It's definitely good to try something you've never done before and to have the opportunity to just sit and soak in how other creative people work.

This morning Pam picked me up (yes, Pam picking me up to go someplace is a continuing theme) and we headed up to Sandy's to try our hand at making clay buttons.

I'd never been to Sandy's house before and wow--talk about sensory overload! There is a lovely vignette everywhere you look. Her beautiful quilts, her collages, and all the things she collects are on display. I'd better get cracking because apparently I do not own nearly enough stuff.

Then Sandy's friend Connie arrived with Connie's friend Yvonne. Connie Govea Stuart is a very accomplished artist whose work blows me away. She's an amazingly creative and talented person. Who can whip out super-cool clay buttons in nothing flat.

That's Connie, Yvonne, and Sandy who all take to clay like a duck to water.


Here's Pam. She's got her coffee, so she's doing great.


My buttons aren't even flat. They're kinda lumpy and I really had no clue what I was doing, but I can't wait to go back to the craft store and get some more clay to play with. I'd love to be able to make buttons to embellish some of my quilts, but I've got a long way to go...

Check out those amazing buttons! The only one that's mine is the one with the nest and the egg, and it doesn't count because I totally copied Pam on that.

Tomorrow it's back to sewing, sewing, and more sewing. I am so far behind!

3 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

That button turned out amazing. And the seam tape really makes it. I didn't do anything with mine yet.. buttons that is. Well except break the big one. I could go for more clay I think.. and more cutters and yeah, and getting a grip on myself.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

What marvelous, amazing works of art! How fun to learn to do something like that. I've never heard of anyone around here doing anything like that. I wonder how I could find out if there's any place here where I could take a class.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares what broke...just fun together learning something fun and having fun...LOVE IT!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older