Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cool Stuff!


I guess I really am a very materialistic person because can there be anything more fun than ordering stuff online and having it appear on your front porch?
Well one thing that's mighty close is being on Moda Fabric's designer's list. Periodically throughout the year, Moda sends out boxes full of swatches of what the upcoming fabric lines will look like, so we can hopefully get cracking on a new pattern to coincide with the release of the fabric. I got just such a box a few weeks back, and wow--Moda NEVER disappoints. But what to DO with these lovely pieces??

Well, my foray into button-making at Sandy's
really corrupted me. Yes, I'll just go ahead and make this Sandy's fault...I'm sure she won't mind.

ANYWAY, all those neat bits of paper and other ephemera collage artists use got me to thinking. And website browsing. And Visa card grabbing. I was on a wonderful site called ARTchixStudio.com and found a whole little pile of goodies I simply had to acquire. I'm not sure where I first heard of this site, probably from Pam. Yes, I'll just go ahead and make this Pam's fault...I'm sure she won't mind.

ANYWAY, look at all the cool things! Beautiful velvet leaves...tiny metal rosebuds...wonderful little charms...and those charms that look like frames? There are special papers that have images perfectly sized for those charms. And my favorite thing of all..."faux postage"! I got floral themed and Christmas themed but believe me, they have others.


OK, yes, I'm still a quilter. What will I do with this stuff? Stay tuned...I have plans!
But if anyone has any suggestions for the best way to give up sleep, I'd appreciate the help.

4 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OOhhh I've been dying to see all this stuff. You're so clever I can't wait to see what you're doing with all of it. Love those little metal leaves etc.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! As soon as I saw your photos I knew you were hooked. Dying to see what you do with it. Keep in mind Stampington has a new publication coming out in October called Sew Somerset : ) You still have time to submit...

6:34 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I want to be on that Moda List!!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

So fun looking! I can't see what you come up with for all these goodies!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older