Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thank Goodness THAT Day is Over...



Our household was definitely not experiencing a Day 'O Love yesterday. Husband is still waiting on medical care and now, so is my car. Got hit in the parking lot at the doctor's office. By a man who even told me he "must've been thinkin' about Valentine's Day." But at least he was honest and totally accepted responsibility. Which is more than I can say for the last guy who hit my car...but wow, is THAT ever another story.

It has been brought to my attention that there is some disappointment regarding the content of my blog. That it was supposed to be totally quilty and inspirational. This is true--that was the idea. Somehow Real Life has been really kicking me in the shins (among other places) lately and the quilty stuff has been hard to come by. I hope you noticed that really pretty piece of fabric my lone valentine is sitting on--that's some gorgeous lecien there. Which WILL make it into a quilt. Hopefully soon. Because otherwise I'll be sitting in an empty booth at Spring Quilt Market explaining to shop owners what great IDEAS I've got for new quilts.

And in case you're wondering...that valentine? It's from my dad, and sad to say, TOTALLY looks like husband and me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I do believe the concept of. . . "it's my blog & I can write what I want too. . ." certainly applies. Hey, quilt designers have real lives - with the same bumps as the rest. . . so blog-on missy. . . whatever you want to write about it great!

I sure hope things go smoothly for you, and your hubby gets better soon! And hey, any day can be Valentine's Day. . . !

xo,
- Bren

1:39 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

People can be pains. Blog about whatever you like. We don't just like you because you're an awesome quilter. Well mostly not. (ha)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Elizabeth, I just found you recently along with several other artistic, "crafty," talented ladies. I'm still trying to keep you all straight [since I "met" you all on the same night of mad blog reading ;o)], but I'm pretty sure I have NOT posted on your blog before. I have, however, been reading along since I found you. I enjoy your blog immensely; "perfect" people (being non-existent) are not nearly as interesting as real people. :o)

Hoping and praying your husband heals soon and that your car is quickly repaired!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Hope his procedure went well!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Nothing like real life to keep a blog interesting. Love the picture...you make a great couple!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

You are loved no matter what you write about. None of us only write about quilting. I love your blog so keep doing what you are doing. Your fans like to know what is going on in your life!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Who is this person who said such nonsense to you?! Let us know - and we'll muster up the blog-possy! Ok, I'm kidding (not really).

I love your blog E and enjoy reading it so much! And as much as I love your quilting... I think my favorite post is about the dog stalker parked next to you! IMO, if you just blogged about quilting... that'd be like a whole cloth quilt with no quilting on it. We love your layers, pieces, quilting, appliqué, batting, binding, blah, blah, blah.

Don't go changin'... we love you just the way you are. Ok that was sappy. But true!

Hope your DH and car get fixed soon!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, thanks everybody--you guys are the BEST.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older