Sunday, February 11, 2007

Spring is Coming! (pass the Kleenex)


This has been quite a weekend so far. My husband is flat on his back in bed for a second straight day--somehow he pinched a nerve. Which means that our well-oiled machine of weekend activities has gone straight down the dumper. I have no idea how single parents manage.
Middle son will be getting groceries, which should be interesting, to say the least.
I'm thigh deep in laundry (and I'm TALL, so that's a lot of dirty clothes) and quilts and blah, blah, and more blah. You know the drill.

But the sun came out a little while ago and my almond tree is bursting into bloom. The plum tree will follow shortly. Those blossoms are so pretty--especially when the yard has that beaten-up-by-Winter look.

With Spring on its way, can allergies be far behind? My nose knows.

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I'm envious of the blooming tree. My trees haven't even started to bud yet. I guess things just happen faster on your side of town. I do see a big of sun though..can it last. Hope things right themselves so you have a nice productive week.

11:06 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

A 'big' of sun. Wow, I should proofread before I hit enter.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's funny. I thought everything was better on your more fashionable south side of town.
Do you still have your big of sun? It's gone over here...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Elizabeth, I just saw your book in the C&T catalog! Congratualtions! I just can't wait to get it. Love the featured quilt. DARLING!!!!!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's in the catalog! Oh wow, I'll have to check that out.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

OUCH... I feel for you DH! I can't wait to get my hands on your new book! Congratulations E!

I love your yard! It looks so enchanting!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older