Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time for a confession...


If you're like me, you love seeing what other people's studios look like. Even home dec magazines are getting into it--more and more they are featuring photos of amazing creative work spaces. Well, I need to be honest here. I don't have a studio.Maybe that's not quite fair. Strictly speaking, anyplace where you create is your studio. So I'll amend my statement. I don't have a dining room.



There's good and bad to this arrangement. I'm pretty much looking at the front door all the time. No one can sneak in or out. Or sneak anyone ELSE in or out. I am in the center of all activity. It's very handy being next to the kitchen--snacks are readily available.

The downside? Well, it's not that great to have your ironing board be the first thing guests see when they come in. I've thought about getting one with pretty colored legs and making a darling board cover for it--you know, to coordinate with my slipcovered chair. But who am I kidding.



Here you can see the Late Bloomer Quilts pattern stuffing table. And you can also see our corporate Shipping Department. Like the pink bubble wrap? I think it's pretty. And if you look in the corner of the photo, you can see a second roll. My husband is very good at making sure I have PLENTY of bubble wrap.



That's Willard guarding the ever-important Late Bloomer Quilts files. Where I keep receipts from fabric purchases (note to self: we need another file drawer) among other things. The files are located right by the previously mentioned ironing board. And that's Willard's favorite spot. Right where I stand to press something. He's very elderly and can't see or hear too well and it's a wonder we haven't collided more often.


If you've been here before, you've probably met Presley. He's proof that a cat CAN and WILL sleep on pretty much anything. And I'll leave you with some good advice--if your cat is asleep on your rotary cutter it's time to quit for the day.

9 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Presely likes living on the edge that's for sure.

I love you studio, but hey, where's the picture of my chair. Huh?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Wheew, I feel so much better about my place, knowing there are others like me. Of course mine is about 1000 times worse. If I'm brave I might post pics tomorrow!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have a master bedroom, it's half filled with sewing, collage stuff, fabric, quilt piles. Even in your dining room everything looks neat as a pin. Mine is definately NOT! But then I am a hoarder of everything I've ever owned.

12:46 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Okay, how big is your kitty? He/she looks VERY large. We have a kitten that is, 8 months old, that is already over 10 lbs.

But really, your dining room looks very inviting even with all of the stuff in it.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs to eat! I got a chuckle out of your shipping department. Do you watch The Office? If you do, you'll know why I'm chuckling.

I think everything looks so beautiful (even the pink bubble wrap looks pretty, especially against the yellow). Your home looks like such a happy place!!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Presley is 16.5 pounds! Okay, I won't tell our kitties that they're heavy anymore.

Thanks for stopping by.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Hi Elizabeth! Your studio looks just like mine right now. I am sewing in our "great room" and it's not so great. (: Fabric and sewing machines all over. I even have this portable design wall taking up about 5 feet! It's what you get done that counts not how it looks doing it. LOL!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely place you have there...I also work all over the place at this stage

6:50 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

OMG. I thought I was looking at a picture of MY dog! I have a wire hair fox terrier named Jeeves who is the love of my life!
Loved seeing your "studio"!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older