Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Muse is Tired



Like most things in my life, it started with a quilt. A couple of quilts, actually. That I'd hoped to make in time for Spring Market. Unfortunately, the fabric I needed isn't available yet, so those quilts are on hold. What to do? Well, start figuring out some more quilts, of course. Which I did. Then came a few more. It seemed silly to keep designing, since I needed to start producing actual quilts. But it also seemed risky to put my sketch pad away. So I kept drawing.

And drawing.

And waking up in the night and drawing some more.

And not spending much time sleeping.

But discovering that Cherry Coke Zero is quite good. And that the combination of the soda's caffeine and certain allergy meds create the artificial alertness I need to cut lots of squares and triangles.

What you see represents over a dozen potential quilts. That I've figured out in the last 2 weeks. Those piles include birds, flowers, baskets, hearts, even a Christmas tree and some holly berries.

I don't know if they'll all work out. I don't know how many will get finished. But my family had best get used to the sound of my Bernina running at warp speed!

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OHhhhhh I can't wait.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so organized & ready to go. I can see you & Pam now sewing your little selves into a frenzy.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

those are such pretty piles of fabric!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put the peddle to the floor! I'll race you!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I don't feel so bad - I have so many projects to finish before market too...

Thanks for sharing! You've inspired me and rejuvenated my efforts to make more design "piles".

6:17 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I can help you clear that table in no time Elizabeth! One box. My address. Done. See how easy that'd be!

Each and every stack is yum, yum, yummy and I want it all! I can't wait to see what you do with it all!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older