Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Porcine Perfection!


I vaguely remember hearing Pam discussing sending off 9 pounds of fabric to someone but when you quilt much of the time do you have any idea how EFFORTLESS it would be to box up 9 pounds of fabric? I could do it in my sleep.
And probably SHOULD.

Anyhoo, yes. A vague recollection. Well then she tells me that this fabric sending thing was actually a swap. And that I'll be the recipient of said swap. Huh??? Well yesterday I was presented with this pig. She is pure piggy perfection! I mean look at those ears! And I do believe she's a Hampshire...I LOVE pigs. Which baffles Pam, but don't worry, it's a story for another time.

Turns out this pig (which will have a name by the end of the day--and I do have a Suggestion Box now, so any help in this matter would be appreciated) came from an incredibly talented person named Laurie who can be found here. If you don't know about her, you must check out her amazing wool felt skills. Because she does more than make pigs--as if that wouldn't be enough.

It's always a super special gift to receive something someone MADE, isn't it?

And what could express the beauty of these sunny, soon-to-be-Spring days better than a pig?

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks right at home!!

I'm so glad you like the pig. I definitely got the best end of the stick in this deal. The fabric Pam sent me was above and beyond what that little pig is worth. I think I owe her a few more gifts! LOL

7:41 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I loved the pig. I mean seriously, is that not the cutest pig ever? The ears and the tail and that little snout. But my bird is totally amazing, and I love it sooooo much.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! That woman works magic with wool. How did she get those ears to stand up like that? Wonders never cease...

Suggestion box entry for a name: "Peg" the Pig

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This little piggy is cute as can be.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The little piggie is so cute! How lucky you are. Laurie is the queen of stuffies for sure! She's AMAZING! And what a great friend Pam is!

I like Pierre if your piggie is a boy, and Penelope if it's a girl. And if you don't know it's gender, why Pat of course!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For a boy I like Hamish and Abraham. For a girl Sue, definitely.

10:13 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Oh my, that pig is pure porcine pleasure.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little Piglet is sooo cute!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older