Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Off Season Inspiration!



Who's that intensely-scary looking quilter? Well, that's me. And you'd look like that too if you'd just had the chance to hang out with your very favorite NFL player ever! Yup, that's Maurice Jones-Drew standing FREAKING NEXT TO ME!!!

I finally got to meet him the other day when I was at Leslie's house to get my hair done by her hair stylist extraordinaire daughter, Addie. Maurice and Addie are childhood sweethearts and of course he's a great guy--Addie deserves nothing less!

I'd first heard of Maurice back in 2002 when my eldest son was a sprinter on the high school track team. Eric participated in the Bay Area Top 8 Invitational meet with his junior varsity team and when he came home it was with tales of an amazing sprinter he'd seen run--and that was Maurice. He made a huge impression.

We watched him play for the UCLA Bruins and believe me--NOTHING annoys the guys in my family more than having Mom cheer during a football game--whether it's one of their own high school games or a televised event.

Last year was Maurice's rookie season with the Jacksonville Jaguars and he was AWESOME. Leslie and I had to celebrate his success at the quilt shop, of course.



What does this have to do with quilting? Oh, you'd be surprised. See, Addie and Maurice have a dog. I know Duke very well. He is my favorite dog in the whole world (that I do not live with--Willard and Rosie, you know I love you guys best). I decided awhile back that he needed a quilt. And as you can see, Duke agrees. Just TRY to take that quilt off their couch. I dare you.

2 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Wow you're such a celebrity there with Maurice. He is a sweetheart, like Addie and Leslie and of course Duke!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wub you l'sbeth. You smell good.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older