Thursday, March 15, 2007

Seasonal Confusion








It's a strange life, being a quilt designer. Earlier this week I was standing at the ironing board, pressing that quilt bit pictured above. Technically it still IS winter, I know, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Briefly, I could not for the life of me figure out what the heck month we're in. I'm thinking "winter" and "Christmas" and outside I'm seeing flowers. And I'm sneezing. A LOT.

So I decided to take a few minutes to introduce some Spring into my work area (aka "the entire downstairs of the house"). Besides pigs, I also love birds and nests.


This nest is one of my best treasures ever. It's REAL. Someone years ago gave it to my mom who then gave it to me. Some resourceful little bird got ahold of some embroidery floss and wove it throughout her nest--I think it's incredibly beautiful. Then of course out come some more nests, rabbits, etc...



So much better! Now I can get back to my Christmas sewing. Have a GREAT weekend, everyone--whatever you're working on!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your little spring nests/rabbit vignette! And I'm drooling over your Christmas sewing... colors, fabs and your beautiful points and seams!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Christmas tease if you ask me! ;-)

WAAAAA! can't wait to see the rest of it!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Hey, weird, I left a comment this morning and it looks like it didn't take. What the heck?

Anyway, love all your stuff, as usual.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are teasing us with a slight peak at that little bird, under "Winter". Looks real cute.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Birdnest AND I love your bunny display!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older