Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Work Day Report!



Well that was fun AND productive! PamKittyMorning arrived coffee in hand and ready to work. And being Pam, she had goodies for me. I ask you--what kind of super friend brings you GIFTS when she's come to do WORK for you?



First of all, she did a fantastic job on the Simple Spring Rosebuds quilt top she pieced for me (that's it there on the table) and she brought treasures from her outing to this super incredible Japanese dollar store she and Frankie went to the other day. That little pink box is a tiny kit for packaging what would have to be adorable little food. You put the food (we're thinking jelly beans) in the little scalloped cups, put the fluffy pink grass around it, tie it with the included plastic wrap and little pink ribbon! There's even a tag to attach which says "present for you". Then there's "smiley clover" envelopes, "sweet happy" message cards, and my personal favorite, little bags with fruit people on them bearing the following message: "Here's happy news! Learning develops your intelligence and learning makes you more sensitive." Those are words to live by, you know?

After swooning over the goodies it was time to WORK. Pam took the crappy old machine even though I TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES to get her to switch machines with me. Apparently Pam feels she hasn't suffered enough this week so I guess Bernina-frustration helped with that. Hey, whatever I can do to help.

As for me, I went from THIS


To THIS...


That's just a small sample of the half-square triangles I made. I was knee-deep in those suckers.
I like to make mine big and then trim them down to size. Really helps with accuracy issues later, but wow, does it ever seem like a lot of work when you're looking at a wastebasket full of fabric confetti.

I tried to treat Pam to a nice lunch out, but she'd have no part of that. And to top it off she took projects HOME WITH HER TO FINISH.

All she would accept from me was a cookie. Granted it was a pretty GOOD cookie, with pink frosting and sprinkles, but still.

Pam is one in a million!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Looks like a busy and productive day was had by both of you. I know that you appreciate your "trusty sidekick" - everyone should have someone like Pam. Good friends are hard to come by!

Love the goodies she gave you! Beyond cute!

5:29 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

The cookie was good. You're going to give me a big head.

8:03 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

pam is so *awesome*

8:40 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Everyday should be a PamBigHeadDay! Ditto Capello... Pam is so AWESOME!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love the appliqué rose E and nice buttonholing Pam!

PS... Blogger acting up, sorry if I post multiple times.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

You know what? I think you might have just answered the question to the problem I just blogged about 5 minutes ago! I am making a quilt with a bazillion of those triangle squares, and no matter what I tried, I could NOT make them line up properly. I think making them bigger and trimming them might be the answer. Those rosebuds are gorgeous BTW!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those pretty half-square triangles... I'm inspired by your progress! If you don't mind, I'll just live vicariously through yours. ;)

11:19 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Everyone should have a friend like pamkittymorning - someone who will sew with you AND take the crappy machine.

I hate triangles - I always make them bigger and trim, otherwise they'd really look bad.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I borrow your friend?! Very cute stuff here.

3:10 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Okay, I keep thinking about it. If the Bernina is the crappy machine, what's the "good" machine?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Michelle, it's true, that was an unfair comment. You know you're a spoiled quilter when the Bernina gets labeled as "crappy" just because it doesn't have the needle down feature or the knee lift...
The "good machine" is also a Bernina.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

So when Pam told me she wished she could come and help me sew when I've complained about my sewing work load for the store, she was serious! She's one hell of a lady, that's all I can say.

Come to think of it, Happy Zombie also offered. Wow, it would be cool to have a multi-state sewing get together!

4:49 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Well after all these comments I bet you're sick of me now for sure!

6:04 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Okay, I understand. No needle down. That is the crappy machine. LOL

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I have found a gadget to help with those half square triangles- have you heard of the Quick Quarter Ruler?
Kim

6:24 AM  
Blogger Ila K. said...

Your friend must *really* love you if she's doing applique on a machine with no needle-down. Is the applique design a pending pattern? Very, Very lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Ila

6:53 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Kim--I have heard of that ruler and know lots of quilters love 'em, but I don't have one--I use a Bias Square ruler for trimming to size. (Rulers that have instructions with them make me nervous!)

Ila--Yes, Pam is the greatest. And she does really good work even with no needle down. And that rose will be part of an upcoming pattern--more on that later!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Elizabeth, the pale blue and pink fabric looks so familiar to me. Do you recall who made it? Is a a collection or did you put together various pieces that you liked? Love your scrappy backgrounds too!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older