Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A New Experience...




First of all, where did the weekend go? We DID have one, right? Maybe sewing for 12 hours on Sat. and another 12 hours on Sun. caused me to miss the whole thing. And I'm sorry for breaking my self-imposed rule of posting every couple of days. But believe me--all you'd have seen is a photo of a lunatic quilter hunched over her sewing machine spouting gibberish. And it's best to skip that.

Anyhoo, one really SUPER great thing happened. It all started because of desperation. MANY things are based on desperation this close to Quilt Market, but I digress...

I've always quilted my own stuff. ALWAYS. I've also really tried to encourage other quilters to do the same. It's a special feeling to have completed a project from start to finish.

But you know what? THAT'S CRAZY TALK. Because now I know Diana.
Diana is a local longarm quilter who has changed my life. Look at those gorgeous feathers!!! SHE did those! I just handed her my tops and back they came. All feathered up and lovely.

"Desperation" is still my theme this week, but wow. Now I know Diana...
Between Diana and PamKittyMorning, everything will be fine...

7 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

They did turn out really well. I love that red and cream quilt. Anyway, not much help on the latest, but its better than nothing I guess.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's only one thing equal to your beautiful quilts... your friends! Your very talented friends!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty quilt & the same for the quilting. Anything with feathers & I'm in love. Glad you found a new longarm quilter. I have a good one as well if you need another name : )

1:08 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Isn't it such a freeing feeling to be able to send off your "quilt babies" & have them come back all grown up?! A big yippie & yea - to all the wonderfully talented long arm quilters!! They are the BEST!
. . . & all the wonderful "Pams" too!!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth-
thanks so much for your welcoming post.
I've been wanting to email you and tell you congratulations on your words book. I saw Gina's post a while back and wanted to tell you how excited i was that you were doing that. I know that people have been putting words on quilts forever but I'm pretty sure no one has ever written a book about it. Way to go! What a great resource that will be for all of us who like to do that kind of thing. I will sure recommend it to my customers who ask for resources.
Anyway, it seems that we have more and more in common all the time, Petaluma and now Diana. I thought I could keep her a secret.... but alas, you have also found her wonderful talents. She will do your quilts justice every time. Enjoy!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Love those quilts! I still like to stay crazy, I guess, cause I do my own quilting. When I put so much time in them on the tops, I feel like they are my kids and my responsibility to raise.

But, can't argue with your wanting to get things done in your lifetime and it's nice to support others in the quilt world. Those longarm gals invested quite a lot of money in their machines...thank goodness!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

This is lovely!!!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older