Sunday, March 25, 2007

Another weekend?



Almost missed this one, too. Just way too many hours spent sewing. It used to be I'd go outside every day this time of year--just to check on the progress in my yard. Those darling little yellow blossoms are Lady Banks roses from over the fence. I'll be SO SAD if the neighbors ever remove those vines...they're so lovely and sweet smelling. And only last a little while...



Never did get out in time to do my fall clean-up, so things are overgrown already! My poor bunny hardly shows and it's still March...



Here's my overgrown sage...it has some cute name I cannot remember.
Glad I got outside to take these pics, the weather is supposed to get yucky tomorrow. But Spring is definitely here, so to celebrate, I temporarily put away my Christmas projects and started stitching pale pink roses.



This week let's be sure to take the time to keep up with all the changes going on outside...here's to Spring!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw some of your stuff on the internet last night. I just want to say it again. I really, really like your work. I love the buds on the pink applique flowers!! You capture the sweet feel without it going into too syrupy. Does that sound right? It's very precious and extremely well done.

9:10 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

Those pink roses looks so beautiful. Spring has come to Norway too and we have had a couple of warm lovely days now.

9:43 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Oh my gosh, even prettier than the drawing.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Those stitched pink roses are beautiful. You do some beautiful flowers!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Lovely, just absolutely lovely!!! The yellow roses AND your pink appliqued roses! They are gorgeous! How sweet your bunny looks peeping through the green. I've been outside ALL week and done NO sewing, so I guess you and I are balancing each other out. LOL

6:41 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

I'm hyperventilating over your flowers ! (the real ones and the fabric ones !) We're just getting the last of the snow to melt here in Pa (I did see some tulips starting to come up -- about an inch out of the ground) -- so your flowers are a breath of fresh air for us pale, pasty, color starved easterners!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I just love your applique roses! Beautiful. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still teasing I see! :-)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Elizabeth... What a fresh take on Pink and brown!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

So pretty! And I love the brown background

2:21 PM  
Blogger Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Great job.

Are you selling patterns?

Love your colors too...smile

1:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! The bit of quilt (yes, Marlene, I live to tease!) will be a pattern later this spring. Believe me, I'll keep you all posted!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older