Thursday, April 05, 2007

More of the same



I'm so sorry! I never in a million years thought anyone would actually drop by to read my blog, so I had no idea how much pressure there would be to come up with stuff to say. And to show you.
I've gotten such SUPER SWEET comments lately and feel like a real snot since I haven't had time to acknowledge most of them.
My ENTIRE LIFE has been consumed by quilting lately. Pam feels I need to have a talk with the Late Bloomer Quilts Human Resources Dept--because I'm working myself way too hard. It's been 12-14 hour days. BUT, it is time spent doing what I love so I should stop complaining. BUT I CAN'T. I'm tired!!

My husband noticed the other day that I've flattened out all the padding on my sewing chair. Now I'm not exactly petite, but geeze. It looks like an ELEPHANT has been camped out on the thing. Guess that's what happens when you live in front of your sewing machine.

We took my Good Bernina in to be repaired on Saturday...and you can't just drop your machine off without looking around can you? Of course not!! And when the Helpful Salesperson just happens to mention that there's a floor model for a super discounted price it would be rude to just blow her off, right? Of course! So yeah, I now have a new machine. And my Other Bernina was brought in as a trade. I'm sure it will make someone very happy--it's a good machine and never deserved the title "Crappy".

So it seems the least I can do for all your kindness for continuing to drop by my rather one-dimensional blog, here's an actual photo of the WHOLE QUILT that you've seen bits of (hi, Marlene!!). It will officially debut at Spring Market, but here it is.

Oh, and more lady banks roses 'cause aren't they just the prettiest little things?

15 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

Well, wasn't that sweet of your hubby to point out that you've flattened out your sewing chair cushion -- what a guy -- I swear they're all alike (when I'm in the middle of alot of work, and haven't had time to give a cr@p about my personal appearance, he usually says something witty like "couldn't you spruce up a bit?" I especially appreciated this when my younger son was only 2 days old and his older brother was 2 years old -- ya know how glamorous I was looking !!! NOT !!)

Anyhow, the quilt is GREAT !! Very pretty and springy!!

Also, I'm guessing you like Bernina sewing machines since you got another one (I'm hopefully going to be getting a new machine soon, and I was leaning towards a Bernina).

Well, hope you get some time to soak in a bubble bath, (which always sounds good to me, but if and when I finally get a chance to take a nice long bath, I don't -- I'm afraid I'll fall asleep in there and drown!)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful quilt!

Good luck with your new machine - I hope it give you many years of excellent service.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new machine ; ) Lucky girl! And that quilt is a WOWSER! Love, love it! What great fabrics........

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Elizabeth, that quilt is beautiful!! Can't wait to see it at market! Since I have a store now, I will need to be ordering that pattern!! Who's fabric's are those? Love, Love, Love them! Did I mention I LOVE them!

Hope to be somewhere near you in Salt Lake, so we don't have to throw things too far....

see ya soon!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pressure to feed the blog E! Bloglines will let us know when you serve us supper. :o)

Congrats on your new machine. I once took a friend's machine in to be fixed and that turned into a $40 trip for my friend... and a $1200 trip for me. Though sewing machine salepeople know how to work us! All's good though... I love my second baby.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a beautiful quilt!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you are a lucky dog! I've been coveting that machine but I'm not unhappy with my Virtuosa 160 at the moment. Would love that BSR though!

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I WILL be buying the pattern!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that quilt is too precious Elizabeth, so anxious to see what you bring to market. :-) Hi back at ya, thanks for the sneak peek and the smile!!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to love your new machine...I have one just like it and my piecing is so much better. And the quilting is wonderful!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Just simply gorgeous! Now why do you have to dangle that thing...that I-have-to-have-it-right-now quilt in front of me? Lady, you're very cruel! Love, love, looove it!
Doe-

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Beautiful quilt! I particularly love that center rose applique! And congrats on the new machine, but most importantly: Does it have a "smart" button? LOL!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Takes my breath away - really cute and frankly...INSPIRING! Love the demension of the rose applique. It makes we want to take up machine applique again and give my fingers a break... ;)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy Easter

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt is a 10. That's good. You know....from one to ten. Yep it's a ten. Love the pieced row, the applique, color. 10.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the quilt is stunning...great design and color choices. It will be very successful!
I agree w/barbara b...definately a 10!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older