Monday, March 31, 2008

It's that time again


Where did the weekend go? I'd honestly planned to do this on Saturday, but was so busy basking in the quiet of an (almost) empty house that the time just slid by. Youngest son Jeff and my husband were in Texas visiting his family, so it was just Nick and me, but there wasn't a lot of together time since Nick is 18 and all.
So what did I do?
I cleaned the house.

But you didn't come here to read about my weekend, you came to see who won the book!
It would be much faster to just tell you who won, but it took a lot of effort to get this drawing to happen, so prepare for lots of piggy pics.



So I plop Melvin down on this adorable Lecien fabric (dash on over to the Fat Quarter Shop so you can get some, too)
and what do I get? Nothing.

Time to shift his position and plop him again. Like so.



Nothing.



But wait! Something has captured his interest!



This is obviously going to take ALL DAY.



So time to bring out the Big Guns. Remember Jack? He's really not good for much, but the dude loves his paper.



And he goes right to work.



Know why the paper is so blurry? It's because he's gnawing away on it. He loves a good, fresh Xerox offering.


So congratulations to "weet Cottage Dreams"! I do believe that's "Sweet" Cottage Dreams, but Jack got a bit carried away.

OK, who is next? There were too many wonderful comments to pick just one name, you know. So back to Jack, who dives right in.





It's Annie from San Diego!

Congratulations to both winners. Just send your address to me at latebloomerquilts@yahoo.com and I'll get the books off to you right away!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my....hopping up and down. Not a pretty site, but gosh I am soooooo excited!!!! Thank you and thank you again. I sooooo want to make a nest pillow. Did I tell you how excited I am!!!! I wish you could have heard me as I read along. At one point I thought "oh well, didn't win, but anyone named sweet cottage deserves to win. Then I continued to read and you should have heard me give a BIG OH MY!!!! Glad I was alone...would have scared my sweet husband. Oh enough rambling on and on. Need to send my address. Oh I am SOOOOO excited!!!! Thanks for picking me!!!! Hugs, Annie from San Diego

11:13 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Those are some lucky ladies.. I love the book and refer to it often. Love the nest pillow. Its yummy.

11:39 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

That Melvin. . . really. . . Disney needs to be seeing that top photo. . .
I can see it now. . . a t.v. show. . . or movie. . . (with no paper chewing allowed in the scripts. . . that would be embarrassing. . . )
Seriously. . . from that photo you can tell . . . he's going to start talking any minute!!!
What a handsome little fellow!
xo, Bren

12:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Those pigs are cracking me up. LOL

4:51 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Goodness me I'm using a random number generator tomorrow to pick my winners. I'd much rather have a piggie do it for me! Those pics are really so cute. It makes me miss our "melvin".

2:10 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh yippiyahooooie!! I love this post and what a marvel idea having Jack pick the names! Thank you, Jack, from weet Cottage Dreams!

xo
Becky

9:29 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I always love to see your Grandpigs. What a good job Jack did. I wonder if Melvin has ADD or if he just likes to play, not work. He sure is handsome, tho! :)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older