Friday, March 14, 2008

Keeping Entertained


It's been crazy around here--12 and 13 hour days--which will continue for some time. I don't know about you, but I've learned that it's generally best not to be left alone with my own thoughts for an extended period. Hence the need for entertainment while stitching.

A couple of years ago my husband got me a very nice radio/CD/ipod system. Somehow I've managed to become tired of all 200+ songs on my ipod and we really don't have any good music stations. Said husband enjoys talk radio, and I've tried both liberal and conservative shows and within 5 minutes of either I feel compelled to start throwing things. Like rotary cutters.



I know plenty of people who have neat little tvs in their studios. Well, my space is quite small and the only way to make room for a tv would be to find a new location for Melvin and that's just not gonna happen.

So yesterday while listening to the podcast of the one radio show I do really enjoy, I learned about a super cool website--maybe you all know about this, but it was terrific news to me. Tons of tv shows! Old ones, current ones...all with limited commercials.

So last night I stuck my ibook on my table and stitched up triangles in the company of Gomez Addams! It was awesome.

13 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Melvin looks a lot like a squirrel there.

I love sewing to tv, particularly old tv.. but I have to draw the line at Gomez.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

Did you also know that if you go to ABC, CBS, or NBC websites that you can watch updated episodes of all primetime and daytime shows? Super easy with limited commercials. Just type in abc.com and look for "full episodes" or videos. Happy viewing!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Elizabeth: I have a teeny, tiny tv in my sewing room that I use for "noise" so I won't need this web site. However, you have made my husband's day!! Thanks, I think!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I am so happy to find another quilter who loves the Addams Family. Two of my cats are named are names after characters--Gomez and Morticia (both black cats LOL!)Thanks for the website link--I need to try it out!

PS: Love your blog and have it in my list of "feeds"

8:09 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

That is such a cute pic of melvin. Love it.

Great site, I'm going to watch shows there. What a good idea. Thanks.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The things you learn from quilting friends! I'm one of those people who never wants to watch what is actually on tv right now - would rather see an old rerun. Thanks!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

My TV is up high in a corner on my wall. I don't have room to have it sitting somewhere, either.

Melvin is adorable.

Happy National Quilting Day! (March 15).

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the tv out of my office a few weeks ago. Just no room for it and I do so love my radio (I listen religiously to Adam Carolla followed by The Triplets... Heidi, Frank & Frosty on klsx.com). I do miss watching the tube at times, and oh so love old tv like Pam does.

I did not know about hula.com... OHMYFREAKINGGOSH... I feel like I found gold! Thank you for sharing that E. Now I can have it all and still have my precious real estate free of the tv. A thousand thank you bows for sharing that!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to the blog world and absolutely love reading about your little piggies! Your patterns are amazing and I love the adventures with Pamkittymorning! You two look like you have a ton of fun together!
Any ideas on how to jazz up cages with fabric??? I have my daughter's hamster sitting next to my sewing machine :)

Shannon~

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melvin is just the cutest thing I've ever seen....well I better not let Gidget hear that...
Thanks for the info on the web link...even with all the channels we have with Direct TV...they always play the same thing over and over or it is junk. Yes...12 & 13 hour days seem to be on the horizon...and what am I doing? Blogging...well I better get back to the sewing machine. Take care,
Jere'e

5:49 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow, thanks for the great link! It seems like almost anything you could want is out there -- now if they could just serve chocolate through a website. Little Melvin is a cutie!

10:44 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh my, Melvin looks so adorable! Sweet little fuzzbaby. I'm glad you found a good pal to sew with. Gomez is a good one!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, love, love hulu to keep me company while quilting! After all, while I do love npr, there is only so much depressing news a person can take. I caught up on The Riches and have introduced dear daughter to Nanny & the Professor.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older