Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Fever!


So today I met Pam closer to her side of town--we had quilt tops to drop off for Quilter Extraordinaire Diana to work her magic on. I'd never actually been to Diana's and Pam knows the way. (Pam actually knows the way pretty much anywhere, but that's another story.)
Turns out Diana lives in one of those older neighborhoods where every house is totally charming. Like to DIE FOR charming. So we drove around a bit drooling over all the homes and yards.
It's a tricky balancing act--to sightsee just enough--so that we're having fun and not feeling too discouraged over what our own tract houses look like.

Got home and it was so stinkin' BEAUTIFUL out...and that combined with the intense relief over dropping the quilt tops off...I just couldn't settle down. So I called my dad and uncle and we went to our local nursery.



You know, Alden Lane...home of the annual quilt show.



It's pretty much impossible to not come home with something. The fact that I have a smallish car is about the only thing that kept me in check!

This viburnum that's just coming into bloom, doesn't look like much right now but the flowers smell heavenly.



And here's my little box full of Possibility...it'll be such fun to pot these all up this weekend.



I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet and sunny Easter...I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sequana said...

We had blizzard conditions in Chicago today. *sigh*

6:33 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Hey what's that white thing poking in on the second to last photo? That looks cool.

Maybe tomorrow I'll head over with Bret, he can fetch and carry. I hate that part. I'm so lazy.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Planting in late March? Okay.... it snowed a blizzard yesterday here in Montana!!! I won't even begin to think about flowers until mid May otherwise they won't make it through the frosty nights yet to come. It's hard being a native California girl living up here in the chilly boondocks. I miss the sun and warm weather!!
Enjoy!! :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

I loved that nursery. I sure wish it was closer to me. I'd be there buying flowers and plants all the time.

3:06 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Next time I come out there (note the planning going on in my head?!) - I so want to visit that nursery - it looks like a gardening wonderland! (I'd better drive then . . . 'cause I don't think that purchases there would "travel" well on a plane . . .!)
. . . Okay. . . & you have quilt tops (plural!!) all done & ready for the quilter. . .? Uh -oh. . . I'd better do some 'gear-shifting'!
xo, Bren

3:20 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Dreamy, dreamy, dreamy! Love that window/flowerbox. I want, I want. I also want a fetcher and carrier - and a weeder as well.

Happy Easter E! Our would that be... E-ster.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh!! I so wish I could plant now. We still have snow on the ground. Although, your photos are encouraging. I think spring will be here soon??

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Don't you love spring flowers! Love them. The promise of sunshine and growth.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

Gorgeous pics...we are in South Carolina this week but heading back to chilly Ohio...soo...seeing your pictures give me hope that it will be warmer there soon and spring is on it's way.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

We had snow today...feel good that you have spring beauties in your very own yard!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older