Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday...



Willard is a rather dim old dog whose idea of heaven is to be successful stealing used kleenex. Yet somehow today he seems to have the right idea.

Spring is indeed on its way...how do I know? Because I am allergic to Spring and am feeling the effects. It doesn't help that Jeff and I stayed up way too late watching Top Gear clips on YouTube--good grief I'm tired!



Thankfully I have discovered a new favorite snack that should help get me through the morning. Granted, cardboard slices would probably taste pretty decent if covered in sugar, butter, honey and salt, but these little sunflower nuts are delicious! And mail-orderable!



I also have a pair of awesome roomates to keep me company...wish I'd had the camera aimed when Presley was washing Melvin (I prefer to view it as "washing", tho "tasting" may have been more accurate, who knows).



Finally, I've got lots of wonderful new fabric! Anne has already shown bits of her fabric on her blog, and now I can show bits of her fabric on mine. It's absolutely adorable. Anne is a wonderful and generous designer who has also tagged me, which I'll have to handle on a day that isn't Monday.
Did you notice the bits of fabric under my snack? That's from the new April Cornell line.
I'll also be collecting an additional bit of red from Pam who picked it up from
the Silver Star winner herself!

Gosh, I'm feeling more energized already. Happy Monday, everyone!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

It's nice knowing others who watch Top Gear as well. My husband and I watch this show a lot. He downloads it and switches it over to TiVo so that we can share it together. I like it for the humor and he likes it for the cars, and maybe a bit of the humor too. :-)

I'm glad that Spring is almost here. Rain's good but I much prefer crisp days. Have a good one!

10:40 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Nice pictures. Those nuts were good.. I had to settle for the choco covered sunflower seeds from Trader Joes.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

What quilt is sweet Willard laying under? Perchance is it a scotty quilt??????

4:13 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You're hysterical! Perhaps close supervision of Presley and Melvin is in order -- that little tasting before a big gulp??? Those fabrics look really pretty.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be Willard, and snuggle under that ADORABLE scotty quilt. Want to see more... want to see more!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Looks like there's a lot of wonderful snuggles happening at Latebloomer! Willard looks adorable all snuggled in the quilts. . . what a smart dog!

I'm reading good things about your designs with Anne's new fabrics. . . I can't wait to see!
xo, Bren

2:12 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love Willard and his adorable quilt. That is sooooo cute!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Willard looks so content under that wonderful quilt, who wouldn't be. Presley also looks content. I would have loved to see the "tasting" picture too. However, I am curious about the new April Cornell line. Looks really pretty.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I never knew before we had our piggie that the cats and the pigs would get along! Piggie passed away last year (he was 12). My kids inherited him years before from my brother-in-law who had him in his room at school (he taught biology). Piggie was happier at our house. He got lots of attention and loved to be played with. We had a fridge door that slightly squeeked and if piggie was hungry he would squeal when the fridge opened so we'd bring him a treat and he would keep squeeling until we did. We miss that darn pig. He was so fun. He really did look just like Melvin. They are so fun.

2:29 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Your furbabies are so adorable. I'm sure Melvin smells very nice and clean now. Kitty spit.mmmmm Cute fabrics, so fun and summery. :)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older