Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Do not attempt!



To thwart Pam, that is.

Awhile back, Pam got the coolest thing...a frog spitter. Not sure if she ever posted about it, but I've wanted one ever since she first discussed getting a frog spitter. I also like to just say "frog spitter", especially since turns out people tend to not know what on earth you're talking about. Frog Spitter.

So anyhoo, in case you don't know this, Pam knows where to find pretty much anything. You can order a frog spitter online, but for real savings, you need to go to the source.
Last week, after dropping off my husband and Jeff at the Oakland airport, I drove back to Livermore to meet up with Pam. We got into her car (someday one of us will have to explain why Pam always drives)and drove up to 98th Ave in Oakland, which coincidentally, is where the Oakland airport is. Go figure. Anyway, a few twists and turns later, we're in front of Art Craft Statuary. Which really isn't a store, it's where they make the stuff. Like statues missing heads (guess I was absent that day in Art History), and huge fountains, etc. And frog spitters.

We had to wait awhile because my frog spitter arrived fresh from the...the...whatever you call the big place where frog spitters are made. He had to be cleaned, sanded, and given his spitting tube.

Next we went to Lowe's to gather the additional supplies. I was having a Bad Day and Pam's so experienced, so I left everything in her hands. Saw her locate the pump which specified the 1/2" tubing that we needed and into the cart it went. Along with the other items: the tubing itself, and a big pot.
We get home and discover that the pump requires 3/8" tubing. How can that be? We both SAW her get the right pump!
So back to Lowe's we go. Where we find an adapter kit. Pam, not wanting to take any chances, opens the kit and tries it out on the sample pump that's on display. It fits perfectly, so I purchase it as well as a cool water plant and a tacky fake lily pad and back home we go.
Only to discover that the adapter does NOT fit.
Off Pam goes to the hardware store...where she figures someone will help her. No such luck but she comes back with some different tubing stuff and voila! I have a fountain!


I'd really hoped to surprise Husband with the amazing water feature we now have, but he's not really into frog spitters, it seems.
He's also noticed that my pot seems to have a leak.
Indeed it does. But we'll face that on another day. Like when Spring decides to come back and I'm not shivering in my long sleeves.


But our cold gray day is appropriate, I suppose, when working on Christmas quilts. Here's a peek at an upcoming pattern. I love these little Smores guys!

11 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

We'll get that leak fixed IF IT KILLS ME.
And it might, but not till after market.
And thwarters beware. Of me.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Just like a man to not be impressed with a frog spitter. And to notice the leak.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What would you do with out Pam? For that matter what would all of us do?

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your frog spitter is adorable! Is it warm enough to put a couple of fish in the pond?
I love your quilt too! The smore guys are really cute. I love the colors!

Shannon~

3:45 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

So glad you posted a pic cause I was really wondering what a frog spitter was. Too cute! And I love love love your quilt. Great colors.

1:11 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Te-he-he!
Frog spitter,
Frog spitter,
Frog spitter,
Frog spitter. . .

There seriously needs to be a song about these!

Too cute! You have Pam have the most interesting (& fun) adventures & trips!
xo, Bren

7:51 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Everyone needs a frog spitter don't they? lol
Love the new quilt so far.

9:35 AM  
Blogger BuggletQuilts said...

Love the frog spitter! I think duct tape will fix that leak right up! Did you see the 2 bunnies birdbath at the statue place? I think they could modify that to look like the pigs, don't you?

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I wasn't driving... you would have come home with a boy statue... *spitting* out of his adapter.

Seriously cute. Now I want one for my DS's "pond".

12:07 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Maybe they make frog spitters in the Frog Spitteratorium. Cute frog spitter. You're right. It is fun to say frog spitter. Cute quilty project. I'm lovin' the snowmen in those colors!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

such a pretty quilt miss Late Bloomer!!! See you in Portland I hope. Jennifer

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older