Monday, March 03, 2008

Show & Tell (part 1)

I know, I know, I have been terrible with the blogging stuff. Time has really gotten away from me lately. Market prep is going full swing and family obligations, of both worrisome and fun varieties have taken up every second of the day. And then some.
Meanwhile I've been accumulating photos of things that really need to be shown off. And so show them off I will!
Now here's what's really embarrassing. I taught a class A MONTH AGO and am just now getting around to discussing it. It was an awesome True Love class and I had wonderful, talented students. Who get stuff done.




Just like last time, Kathleen finished first. Cute heart, huh?



Well she didn't stop there--she ended up turning the pillow motif into a wallhanging for her garage. It's my understanding that anyone going past her house gets to gaze upon it--how clever is that? (Just tip your head to the side for the proper effect, please!)



The thing I remember most about Nikki was the vintage lace she brought to class. Miles of it! And all gorgeous. She owns so much vintage lace that when it starts to fall on the floor, which it did, multiple times (gasp!) she doesn't even care. You'd better believe she was keeping an eye on me, though.



Jean, who has a darling blog, btw, loves all things Scottie (and who wouldn't?) so she was working on a very appropriate cone. It isn't finished in this pic, but you get the idea.



Last but certainly not least, Sara was putting together a lovely assortment of fabrics and she sent me a pic of her finished runner. It's so stinkin' pretty! She used lots of Verna's pretty fabrics.



We had a special guest arrive while we were toiling away...Carol wanted to show me how she'd enlarged the runner to make a bigger quilt. Carol's specialty is taking a Late Bloomer pattern and then messing with it...and as usual, the end result is so pretty!

OK, that's enough for part one...I'll be showing off some more projects later in the week and we'll soon be having another giveaway, so stay tuned.

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Everyone has such cute projects! And Carol! I haven't seen Carol in an age, but I did chat with her on the phone. Love her verion, and a quilt for the garage. Wow! And the scotty cone... love that.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

ooooh, aaaaah, ohhhh! everything is dreamy. I love the garage quilt. very interesting to make a quilt for a garage, doncha think?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for those pictures. I love seeing what everyone is making!

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had to comment on how I totally hear you about "Market prep being in full swing" and how crazy busy you must be. I'm going through the same thing and feel that a rubber room and a straight jacket are not too far off in the near future!! Hope you are doing well and am looking forward to seeing you and Pam in Portland. Take care, Jere'e @ Quilted Quickies

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic show and tell. Of course I cheated and went to Part II first. I especially love the last one made by Carol and love her fabric choices. Mmm... so, so pretty!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Within A Quarter Inch said...

Love the show and tell! Keep 'em coming!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older