Monday, March 10, 2008

Yawn!



Between the time change and the Benadryl, I'm feeling a lot of Melvin-envy this morning. The little guy has the right idea.



Gotta keep going though; I'm still way behind! I think it was 2 weeks ago that Pam and I went back up to Quilter's Inn--had to see the shop sample Kathy made of Flight of Fancy. As is often the case, I like her version way more than mine. She used wool for the pears and cherries, which I really love. How's this for embarrassing...I asked where she got her letters, as they seemed vaguely familiar...ummm...she used my book!
And yes, they do have kits!



Meanwhile, back in the studio, it's beginning to look a bit like Christmas--unlike outside, which looks (insert sneeze here) a lot like Spring!

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your work is always great no matter if you do it or someone else! The flight of fancy is simply delightful.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That's a pretty version of your quilt Elizabeth, but I still love your colors more LOL!

11:43 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh. . . Melvin looks so peaceful (& very much like a little Disney character!)! Love your quilt in the new colors & honestly - I think it would be beautiful in any colorway (great designs do!).
(Can't wait to see what you're doing with the 'Winter" line!)
xo, Bren

4:21 PM  
Blogger Miss Tina said...

Melvin is so precious. What a darling little creature.
The quilt is beautiful. Love it.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

my heart melted when I saw that picture! I don't think I've ever seen a sleeping GP! Love this version of your quilt, great idea using rick rack for the stems, very cute!

7:36 PM  
Blogger chq said...

He's too precious, naps are lovely! This is such a beatiful quilt, when I grow up I want to be an appliquer (real word?) like you.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just stopped by to say "hi". I can't sleep with taxes and market on the horizon...Melvin's got the right idea...how cute is he?! Hope you are doing well.
Jere'e

5:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Hi Elizabeth! I still like your Flight of Fancy best. It's got a softer look to it which I like. Can't wait to see what you're working on next! I had fun in your class at IBS and hope I can take another in the near future.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing the picture of Flight of Fancy.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older