Thursday, February 07, 2008

Blurry travelog (part 2)



And so we continue the saga of two friends, delicious food, great shops and pathetic photography.



After leaving Cambria we headed to Morro Bay. There is something about that rock that makes me take picture after picture...even when we're miles away.

Somehow, and we're not sure just how,(but you can bet a blog is involved) Pam
found out about a "ribbon place" in Morro Bay. That's all she knew and it was my job to get the details.



So here we are at Lina G...not sure what we were expecting, but it wasn't this completely overwhelming experience. Every square inch of that shop is full of lace, trimmings, yarn, flowers, etc, etc and etc--much of it vintage.



I now wish I'd taken more pictures from the other end of the shop--I seem to have been rooted to the floor of the yarn area.



There were also many incredible hats...I tend to not notice those as much because I'm sensitive about my oversized dome (that matches my oversized feet) but here you can see the lovely Pam showing off a charming wool model.



Here's my pile...had to bring those little German paper children home. Several of the trim pieces are French. Does that make them better? I do believe it does!


So down to the Apple Farm we went to check into our room and of course eat again.



Our room was massive, plus I was overcome with emotion over the idea that I'd be spending the night in what appeared to be a model home, so I couldn't really get a good picture. That's my bed...Pam's bed was seemingly miles away...over near the immaculate bathroom.



Here I am, attempting to knit a sock while being warmed by the fire. Pure heaven! And add some dessert items brought back with us from dinner...throw in having Pam advise me on knitting needle placement--since turns out I don't even know how to hold needles the right way...and you've got a perfect evening!

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It was a great time and a great room!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it all looks terribly cool! You're just learning how to knit and you're doing a sock???? You Go Girl!!!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a room! What an adventure!

I totally love those little German paper children.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The vintage lace/trim place looks to die for. Nice.

I am still laughing over pam's pic of the dragon head.

What a wonderful adventure.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day & fun store!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Cindy Taylor Oates said...

Wow, it looks like you two had a great trip. Wish I could have come along. It seems like we like many of the same kinds of things. If you come to Arizona...be sure to give me a call.
Cindy O.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older