Monday, January 28, 2008

True Love!



I am sooo sorry for the delay in getting back to all of you--I spent Friday thru most of Sunday in bed with a nasty bug. Luckily I was able to sleep thru much of it, but it's definitely not a recommended way to spend the weekend.

Of course you didn't come here to read about my aches and pains...you want to see who won the drawing!



Well, first of all, I was overwhelmed by your wonderful comments. All 80 of them! So after numbering all the paper bits, it was off to the studio...



Presley was not impressed; he's been thru this before.
Sitting on the darling piece of Anne's fabric I laid out for the occasion...Melvin looks, well, confused.


Rosie tries to cheer him on.


Nope, this just isn't working, is it?

Time to bring in the Professional...luckily I caught Compton between Monday engagements, so he had the time to come teach Melvin the ropes.



THIS is how it's done...you just stick your head in...LIKE THIS!



And pull out a number! LIKE THIS! See? Easy!



I'll even show you again...LIKE THIS!! Got it?



Hmmmm...
You mean like this?



Did I do good?



All things considered, I'd say Melvin did quite well. You may be rolling your eyes over the idea that the pigs were talking to each other. Well, if you had the amount of cold medicine in your system that I do, trust me, PIGS CAN TALK.

So...if the following people can email me with their addresses (latebloomerquilts@yahoo.com) I'll get your goodies off to you!
Thanks for playing along!

#12: atet
#49: Eva
#3: Jeannie

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melvin is obviously smarter than your average Guinea pig? Look how quickly he picked it up!

Sorry to hear you've been struck my the "bug" - feel better!

Cyndi

1:36 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Too cute that Melvin is ! . . You can just see that he wanted to do well ! (& - he was probably mesmerized by Anne's beautiful new fabric!)

Hope you're feeing better! (. . . & maybe you can help me understand why it doesn't take a bunch of cold medicine in my system - for me to hear Bailey talking. . . ) hmm.
xo, Bren

2:57 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Everyone will love their stuff. Mel did well, thank goodness. Can you imagine the pressure.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! I love the pigs! So cute!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Marcia is Thrify not Cheap said...

So glad to find your site because I too am a late bloomer but I'm trying to catch up! I'm glad your feeling better. Even my little dog had that nasty bug. How sweet of your little piggies to draw the name, I'm sure the winners will be thrilled. Marcia :-)

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... this was the best drawing ever!!! Me thinks Melvin, Presley, Rosie and Compton could star in their own book. Video. Movie!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sewbaby said...

Hehe!!! How funny. I love your little helpers!

Hugs,
Traci

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - -so funny! Melvin is a real cutie!

7:26 PM  
Blogger atet said...

I love, love, love those little helpers!!! I won!!! Wooo Hooo!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Too cute and funny those pigs are! Congrats to your winners.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

You get the crown for cute drawings. No one can compete with Compton and Melvin. I actually could hear them talking! LOL!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

OMG......I won, I won!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Thank you so much.

Eva

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older