Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blurry travelog (part 1)




Last Thursday marked the beginning of a much deserved and wildly anticipated trip south for Pam and me. We'd both had enough of cold, gray and WET days and needed to get away so we could recharge and, well, charge...stuff.



There was blue sky! A need for sunglasses! So far, so good.

It's roughly a 4 hour drive from where we are to the central coast. We've made that trip before and have come home the same day, but this time we'd have 2 whole days...

Stopped off first in Cambria, which is a darling little town. We had a delicious lunch
and while we normally pull out our cameras to document our food, it didn't seem appropriate as we were at a tiny table smack dab in the middle of several large tables
where ladies were having what were clearly sophisticated luncheons. Probably just as well, since it would be embarrassing to have to admit to the sheer quantity of pie I consumed...


On our way out of town we saw a shop called "Dirty Laundry" and I tell you, Pam practically did an FBI slide to the curb so we could check the place out.



Need some bacon flavored breath mints? Wildly inappropriate greeting cards? Interesting gift items? Dirty Laundry does not disappoint.

I made many, many purchases...most of them gifts for my sons...and it would probably be best if I didn't describe any of them.


On our way back to the car we noticed another shop...and that would be Birds of a Feather. Almost didn't go in--the shop looked so charming from the outside and our bags of fresh tackiness seemed out of place.
I'm so glad we decided to chance it.

WHAT A SHOP.


Seriously. A wonderful combination of vintage and new...and the displays are amazing.


While you may wish to "frolic", I'd advise against it--you might miss something and there are beautiful goodies throughout. The very top photo of this post? Doesn't it make you want to rush right over there? Look at all the ribbons!



See that little cream colored shelf with the scallops? Over there on the left? That's at my house now.



So that's the first bit of our trip...now I have to get upstairs to the studio and start creating! New fabrics have been arriving and it's time to turn them into new quilts...so there will be more pics from our trip and then some sneak peeks of new projects!

10 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

My pictures are about the same quality. Geez, what's with us?

It was a blast!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You guys crack me up! I think every travel post should start with a profile pic of PKM driving -- that's awesome. And Dirty Laundry? Man, oh man -- I need to see that store -- I have boys to shop for too! Do they have a website? I'm afraid to google them for fear of what might turn up in the search LOL!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cracking up over Thinbleanna's idea!

Love that your post started off with "Part 1"! More, more, more! It's always so fun to read about the LB/PKM adventures, and I love the witty way you write about it E.

I'm in love with the Birds of a Feather building. The colors, style... oh so cute. I want one just like that on property as a studio. Guess I better start buyin' lottery tix.

Happy Super Tuesday!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"on property"? I'm such a dork - like as if I live on some huge Martha-like estate . On MY property.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG I cracked up at PKM's profile. She's looking so serious!! Were you riding in the backseat while she cheauffered you around?? Looks like a fun trip. Love your new shelf.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling little shop. Glad you two had a fun get away : )

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girls! Looks like a fun trip. Woohoo!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm full of pure jealousy. Spending time with you and Pam on a road trip to fabulous shops and great food? Pure delight. Its so fun to be with a good friend enjoying things that you know darn well a man would hate. Thanks for the step into your trip.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that makes me sooo want to go down there. My sister lives in San Luis Obispo and I still haven't seen her house there... now I may have a little incentive!

So jealous...

joanna
www.figtreequilts.typepad.com

11:30 PM  
Blogger atet said...

What a lovely trip and such fun goodies. Of course, I got some goodies in the mail over the weekend I can't wait to play with! Thanks so much for the patterns and kits -- woo hooo!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older