Thursday, June 05, 2008

Astoria


Have to admit, Astoria is a lovely place. I personally prefer a little more blue sky in my days, but could this view be any prettier?


OK, possibly it's nicer from this angle.


Found this growing along the edge of a parking lot...


Here's Pam documenting the view from our hotel room.
It was great to live like little trolls under our bridge for a day or two.


And as Pam has already mentioned, Astoria is home to Pig 'n Pancake. Where the slogan is that EVERYBODY loves Pig 'n Pancake.


And what's not to love? Strawberries...whipped cream...souvenirs!



Then it was off to Long Beach, Washington...home of Anna Lena's Quilt Shop.


Here's darn close to the only shot I got of Monica...she was our ever so capable driver.

First we visited Karen Snyder. Who I have to say has THE BEST studio in the entire world. I'd think there would be no reason for her to ever be anyplace else, but I've also seen her house. (Insert sigh of delight here).



Here's Karen taking a Very Important Phone Call. With her aqua phone, natch.
Everything is aqua or orange, just the way she likes it.



Karen's mighty proud of her coordinated desk drawer. As well she should be!



So we all headed over to Karen's wonderful shop, Anna Lena's.
Where they take their store hours very seriously.


I wasn't any better than Pam at getting pics of the shop. Too busy shopping, I guess.
Had to pick up a copy of Karen's latest book--and it's wonderful. Quilts AND recipes.





Here's my loot back at home...had to get that darling greeting card framed asap.



So then we had a terrific time over at Monica's...her studio is incredible and I was able to meet the infamous Mimi myself! She actually helped me with an emergency mending task but somehow I don't have pics of that. Trust me--the little gal is amazing.

All in all it couldn't have been a better trip--quilts, quilting, and all the wonderful people who go along with it!

7 Comments:

Blogger jen duncan said...

Wow. That orange and aqua studio is amazing!! Gee...what colors would we choose if money were no object, we could throw out all our existing *stuff* and start anew. ;-) No use in thinking about it I guess!
I've enjoyed my travels with you and miss Pam the past couple of weeks. Thanks for all the posts.
:-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh it was a good time wasn't it? I would enjoy a trip out to Monica's today. I bet you would too!

9:53 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for letting the rest of us tag along.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm in awe of the orange and aqua. I gotta start buying everything in red and yellow. What a sweet time. Love seeing the pics and hearing what you did.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only as capable driver as the passengers I carry. I wish your trip here didn't have to end. Miss you guys so much and I HATE that 11 hour drive between us! And I'm so impressed that my Lil' Yota looks so clean in that shot!

Shopping at Anna Lena's with you guys was so fun too. I just let you guys put the bolts on the counter and told the girls, "I'll have what they're having".

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

You girls just always seem to have the best time!!!! and talk about visiting people on the "A" list!!!(anybody with a SPOTLESS sewing /crafting room that is color coordinated makes the "A" list in my book!)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Good morning, Elizabeth! I have to tell you that we stopped and had breakfast there! LOVE Astoria and even saw where they filmed Kindergarten Cop there. Lovely town and great shopping, too.

Ok, is the last pic your studio? I am gathering it is because of the A-Dorable cherry quilt. Where did you find the Hello Kitty Janome? My Mr. Janome needs a friend like that! ;) Total cuteness on the shelf!

Have a great day!
Becky

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older