Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Summer!


So when husband's baby sister came to California for a visit, her one request was to stick her feet in the Pacific ocean. Can't say no to Julie, so off we went to the beach. Hadn't been to Santa Cruz in ages, but we sure picked a great day for it.


I warned her that the water is COLD, but she did what she had to do.


My husband was quite taken with the sea lions...and it appeared one of the locals was rather interested in him as well.


Apparently being at the beach is more exciting for some people than for others.



It was so much fun to sit on the pier and watch the sea lions do their thing. They know how to argue and fuss at each other, but they also sure know how to relax.


In the spirit of summertime, let's all take some time, with


and for a


just tip our faces to the sun and relax.



Don't forget your sunscreen.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute post.

8:02 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

The sea lion photos are the cutest! I love them all, but the one with the young ones on their mommies backs. . . too cute! Aw. . . they make me smile!

9:15 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ha! You crack me up! I'm bummed I missed seeing Miss Julie but I'll catch her in Houston!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. I love SC and enjoyed my virtual field trip. Sorry I was so crabby. I promise to change. I don't want to be a logging unit of measurement.

10:56 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Cute! Makes me wish I was there! Have a great visit.

4:19 PM  
Blogger StitchinByTheLake said...

What a beautiful beach...sure makes me want to be there even if the water IS cold.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having lived in Ore/Wash. a good part of my life, I've seen my fair share of people's first time at the Ocean! It doesn't seem to matter what time of year and how cold/rough the water is... they have to put their feet in! It was raining and windy and my friend from High School who had grown up in Oregon had never been to the coast before ran taking off his shoes and socks into the water! It's a touching thing to see if you think about it. The Ocean is a pretty big thing, mind boggleing had it can get under your skin.
Great pic's. I have to go home to Oregon every once in a while to get my Ocean and tree fix.
Thanks for the pic's.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Now I want to go to the beach too! It's so weird that in all the times I've been to Santa Cruz I don't think I ever actually went to the beach there.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Hannies Annies said...

awe how wonderful to have a great day! thanks for sharing all those pics! those sea lions are awesome!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Holly Holderman informed me that you were the designer of the darling quilt featured in her blog with chickens and baskets and Irish chains. Can you tell me the name of the pattern and where I can buy it online?
Thanks so much for the info.
Nettie

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

love all your pics!! Elizabeth, I'm glad your dad talked you into coming home..quilt market wouldn't be the same without you..Jennifer

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older